2015 reboot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jctrain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jctrain

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2014
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Mukwonago WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 90 gallon display tank, mixed reef with a little bit of everything. The tank is pretty scratched and I think I want to upgrade. I'm going to put all my live stock in the basement since I have a 75 gal frag tank, the question is if you had the chance to start a brand new DT how would you do it? Use live rock you have? Get cool new dry rock? Also what's a good DT. I've been looking at DSA rimless.
 
Welcome to R2R!

If I started over I would determine if my rock was reusable. If so put it in a bucket and keep wet, getting new for what needed replaced or added too. If you go dry and seed the tank you can get more what certain pieces you want, but it costs more.

Rimless are cool, just determine where your build is at. Rimless don't make much sense if doing a in wall build, but would if doing a peninsula style build.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new