210 Gallon - "Texas" (First Build)

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That definitely sucks. Honestly, it's generally not a good idea to order livestock from mid-November until March depending on where you live. Holiday shipping and cold can be rough on anything. LA will take care of you minus shipping. I live in Florida so usually everything is fine, but we've even had cold spells so I picked up some fish from a LFS.

Like the tank and the scape. I didn't notice but is your rock sitting on the sand, tank bottom, or something else? If you're getting burrowers, make sure it isn't on sand.

My office almost always looks like a bomb went off at a fish store, especially when I'm doing QT. My wife just agreed to let me start doing QT in her office though due to aerosol transmission concerns and the 60 cube is slated to move into the family room. Maybe. Some day lol! Once those moves are done it might actually look nice enough to show people!

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That definitely sucks. Honestly, it's generally not a good idea to order livestock from mid-November until March depending on where you live. Holiday shipping and cold can be rough on anything. LA will take care of you minus shipping. I live in Florida so usually everything is fine, but we've even had cold spells so I picked up some fish from a LFS.

Like the tank and the scape. I didn't notice but is your rock sitting on the sand, tank bottom, or something else? If you're getting burrowers, make sure it isn't on sand.

My office almost always looks like a bomb went off at a fish store, especially when I'm doing QT. My wife just agreed to let me start doing QT in her office though due to aerosol transmission concerns and the 60 cube is slated to move into the family room. Maybe. Some day lol! Once those moves are done it might actually look nice enough to show people!

The rock is sitting on the glass! Outside the jawfish and pistol/goby combo, I plan on having a few wrasses' which burrow as well.

I've spoken to LA when I recorded the video, and actually the package already arrived (this morning)! I had someone at home bring it in, so once I get off work I can start acclimation into the QT!

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, your 210G makes mine look like a freshwater tank...lol
Love the intro in your video, and sucks about the crack! Glad you had a new tank and keep this up, I'm following your built. If I laid all my fish stuff around the house like you, my boss would kick me out...haha

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, your 210G makes mine look like a freshwater tank...lol
Love the intro in your video, and sucks about the crack! Glad you had a new tank and keep this up, I'm following your built. If I laid all my fish stuff around the house like you, my boss would kick me out...haha

Thanks man! I need to edit that intro to include some of my SW stuff...

My "boss" was only ok with it because I promised I'd clean it up and some other stuff too. We are square now :D

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I need to edit that intro to include some of my SW stuff...

My "boss" was only ok with it because I promised I'd clean it up and some other stuff too. We are square now :D

I get a little bit of wiggle room because it's "my" office lol! That and after 18 years she's come to just kind of expect it. All about compromises! I do make it look clean occasionally.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The replacement LiveAquaria package arrived yesterday! I am so happy @_@

20180124_222436.jpg
20180124_204143.jpg

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/4/2018

Plumbing! I've more or less finished the plumbing minus installing a coupling to support the reactors. That's fine though as the tank parameters are pretty solid atm, albeit the calcium is low. I'll be doing a WC with red sea pro salt to increase that, then look at kalkwasser options.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/18/2018 - The Aquascape!

I've finally got up in my video journal of this build with the aquascape! I'm super excited to share this as i show off what the tank looks like today (about 1 month after I did the actual aquascape).

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/18/2018 - The Aquascape!

I've finally got up in my video journal of this build with the aquascape! I'm super excited to share this as i show off what the tank looks like today (about 1 month after I did the actual aquascape).

Streetdoc77 tip of the day " Always wear protective gear gloves, shoes/boots , glasses when working with chisels,mallets, hacksaws , jagged heavy bacteria laden stone and industrial adhesives " Don't want to see anybody go to the ER.

Beautiful aquascape and tank !

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Streetdoc77 tip of the day " Always wear protective gear gloves, shoes/boots , glasses when working with chisels,mallets, hacksaws , jagged heavy bacteria laden stone and industrial adhesives " Don't want to see anybody go to the ER.

Beautiful aquascape and tank !

Yeah... good point. I'm pretty sure OSHA is not a fan :(

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/25/2018 - Quarantine!

So due to what I believe is a bacterial bloom in my tank, I have decided to do an update on the QT tank which include my new inhabitants! (Midas Blenny, Coral Beauty, Flame Angel).

I decided that I DO want to try and keep a coral/flame angel together, so putting them in at the same time is probably best. I made sure to add as much extra PVC as I had to avoid aggression, but there's still some.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/28/2018

I'm going through a bacteria bloom at the moment, but so far doing absolutely nothing is solving the problem. The tl;dr is that by just waiting it out, the bloom is going away. I'm still tempting to buy a UV sterilizer, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Will have to do some research.

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 3/5/2018

Got some new coral from Aqua SD! I had never heard of them before, but I'm really impressed with their packaging and communication (If I sent them a facebook message at 12am, someone will still respond).

I've set my Radion G4's to acclimation mode at 20% starting intensity for 2 weeks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back