OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while and all is going fine. I just ordered a CBB from Dr Reef fully QT'd, so excited to get him in. I will have to use an acclimation box as I am sure my two yellow tangs will show lots of interest. I think all others will be fine. The male spotbreast angel may try to assert dominance, but he does that to everyone in the tank.

I was not going to attempt another CBB due to my love of clams, but I have such an aiptasia outbreak and I loved mine in the past. Now without the lps for it to snack on, I should be good. Well, except the clams maybe. I have another system for clams if needed. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, after long thought, I am going to sell off my LPS corals. I just do not see them enough being downstairs in the fish room. Makes me sad to have these beautiful corals not seen. So, I have gotten pricing down, but want to put pictures with them, so that will take time.

I did not think this would be a big deal, but as I am pricing and thinking of them leaving, I get quite sad. Some I have had over 10 years! Weird to be attached so much. It has to be done to help fund what I have now. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I am set for fish now. Just got my order from Dr. Reef fully qt'd. I was planning on using an observation tank for a week or two, but they looked so healthy and he had them for 4 was at least, I broke my rule and added to main tank.

I just hope I did not do harm. In the end it was that I got two wrasse, anthias, butterfly and I thought they would be best in full system rather than smaller. I was not sure they would get enough to eat.

Here are the butterfly and anthias. The wrasse hid shortly after introduction.

I did use acclimation box, but they all got out.

Attachments

• 20230104_112721.jpg
    20230104_112721.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230104_112731.jpg
    20230104_112731.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mad at myself and this hobby. The fish were all looking so good when I got them and I know they needed more food than my observation tank would provide by their species. So, I put them in my 210g. Well, all was fine last night.

I woke up this am with the carpenter spinning at the top of the tank. Guessing the neurological condition. The CBB seems to have disappeared this afternoon while I was at work.
The anthias (two of the four) have a couple white spots on tail. Well, trying to get them out is going to be next to impossible.

Why, why do I not follow my protocols. Why do I think this one time it will be fine. UGH!!!!!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is usually my assumption.

Well, I got them back out. Crazy, but I did. I am hoping my current fish have had low infestation since it was less than 24 hours. They are all super healthy, so if it is just ich, they will be fine.

They are now in QT. We will see how they do. The wrasse that was spinning died during the day. The CBB looks rough and skinny. I hope I can get it eating if still with me tomorrow. I want it to settle in first.

Hoping for full recovery on the fishies. We will see.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I lost the CBB. He was really skinny and I think it must have been just too much. Poor thing. My anthias are all doing great in the observation tank and show no spots or anything. Must have been stress response. They are eating frozen nicely.

Dr. Reef is taking care of me though. He has been wonderful with followups and concern. I am making another order and will make sure to keep in observation tank first to get them nice and fat for the main system.

The Labouts wrasse is in the 210g and doing fine. Is out, although hides to back, due to the damsels. It is eating and seems good. Held its own to the dottyback earlier. I think she will be fine.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I lost the CBB. He was really skinny and I think it must have been just too much. Poor thing. My anthias are all doing great in the observation tank and show no spots or anything. Must have been stress response. They are eating frozen nicely.

Dr. Reef is taking care of me though. He has been wonderful with followups and concern. I am making another order and will make sure to keep in observation tank first to get them nice and fat for the main system.

The Labouts wrasse is in the 210g and doing fine. Is out, although hides to back, due to the damsels. It is eating and seems good. Held its own to the dottyback earlier. I think she will be fine.
Nice!!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I updated. Most things are going just fine and my corals are growing like mad. I need to get new pictures.
I left for a 16day vacation, and well, I lost my butterfly at some point and my giga clam was seriously receded. Good news is the clam is coming back. So happy.
Vacation was in Kauai and loved every minute of it. It is my happy place. Pictures coming when I finally get to it.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, today I cleaned and did a water change, so corals are somewhat mad. Here is an update though.

Attachments

• 20230620_124520.jpg
    20230620_124520.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230620_124512.jpg
    20230620_124512.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230620_124505.jpg
    20230620_124505.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been unhappy with my flow patters for quite a while lately. However, getting new pumps for my 210g is not cheap. So, after some research I decided to give the Jebao Sine Crossflow 180 a try. I had the Maxpect when they first released and they only lasted a year.

After using Tunzes that have lasted over 15 years, I was very unhappy and went back to them. However, I did like the gyre flow, so I am trying again.

Just unboxed it and will be setting up today. I am hoping for a nice flow to add to the mix of my Tunze Stream3 and 6205 pump.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been unhappy with my flow patters for quite a while lately. However, getting new pumps for my 210g is not cheap. So, after some research I decided to give the Jebao Sine Crossflow 180 a try. I had the Maxpect when they first released and they only lasted a year.

After using Tunzes that have lasted over 15 years, I was very unhappy and went back to them. However, I did like the gyre flow, so I am trying again.

Just unboxed it and will be setting up today. I am hoping for a nice flow to add to the mix of my Tunze Stream3 and 6205 pump.
Let me know what you think! I tried the Red Sea gyre pumps and hated them, even the larger model was very weak and the connectivity to the app was never reliable. I’ve also never heard good things about the maxspects. I’m considering a 150x60x60 peninsula build and mounting two vertically on either side of the overflow end to do an alternating gyre. I’ll need enough flow to keep my 7 gigs happy! I might pair it with a closed loop as well.

Btw there’s also the new Nero 7. I’ve been using Nero 3’s in my 200L system for almost 3 years, I really like them. IMO better flow pattern than the vortechs.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you think! I tried the Red Sea gyre pumps and hated them, even the larger model was very weak and the connectivity to the app was never reliable. I’ve also never heard good things about the maxspects. I’m considering a 150x60x60 peninsula build and mounting two vertically on either side of the overflow end to do an alternating gyre. I’ll need enough flow to keep my 7 gigs happy! I might pair it with a closed loop as well.

Btw there’s also the new Nero 7. I’ve been using Nero 3’s in my 200L system for almost 3 years, I really like them. IMO better flow pattern than the vortechs.
So far okay after two days. Not enough on its own for sure. But did not figure so as my tank is 7ft long.
I like the sway, but I think I will have to hook up my stream 3s and maybe even my 6205 on top of this flow.

I will have to play around a lot.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just now from couch. Not huge flow, but stream3 are really low, May even be off.

Attachments

• 20230623_094422.jpg
    20230623_094422.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 32

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back