TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****** little set up
Real nice setup!
Thanks all,
I think I'm going to really like the 22 gallon. For some reason it seems or looks bigger than it is. Maybe the fact I'm not putting a background on it or the 36" length. I'm sure scaping helps to, trying to give an illusion of more space than there is. When I look at it it gives me vibes of around a 40 breeder.

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update:
I had some time yesterday to move some of my sticks onto the new rockwork. Not my favorite thing to do. Broke some things, glued some things that didn't need to be glued (like my fingers), ticked some things off, but I got a lot of it done. I'll keep it all in the main/stable tank for now, until I feel it's safe to make the transfer to the new build. Here's a quick preview of what my not so distant future reef tank will be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some quick cell phone shots of some of the pieces. Quality is not great and these are unedited. I really should brush up on my photography skills. I really think reefkeeping and photography go hand in hand. Where to find the time????? Anyway, here's what I took:

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New light rack installed yesterday. Decided on using three AI primes. Should work well over the 22 gallon. I have been using four over a 65 gallon with good results. Sorry for the photo looking so dark. I didn't turn the room lights on. The two aluminum posts you can see are the remnants of the previous light rack. Once the new tank takes the current tanks place they will be gone.

Better lighting.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I managed to get the tank setup over the weekend and moved all the livestock over. Here are some pics of the setup as a whole with no lights on. I haven't taught myself how to take good pics of the whole setup with the lights on yet. I'm still deciding on coral placement for a couple of pieces, but overall it's almost complete. I will get some tank pics with the lights on once the scaping is complete.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, as promised I just took some lights on pics.
This isn't exactly the final look, but very close. The sand will be cleaned up and a few coral pieces won't be making the cut, so it will look a bit more tidied up then what you see. Most of the coral are still a little p***** off, but hopefully in time the colors will be popping.

OP
OP
TMC1313

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Seeing more and more closed loop systems coming back!
Thank you, so far so good on the closed loop. There is plenty of flow so far and I have it dialed back quite a bit, so as things grow out I have a big cushion to increase flow if need be.

Nicely done build. Well though out!
Thanks, it took a while, but I think it turned out well. Doesn't always happen like that with some of my ideas.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back