3 Foot Office Nano

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, reef of the day is just way of the hook.

Great job.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, but I can’t believe the size of it and the amount of equipment! Lol

Simply amazing, and so neat and tidy and pristine, and those office pictures are really useful to show the size.

Reefkeeper14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the coolest nano tanks I have seen! I think I would honestly be happy with just the cooler full of corals you had pictured

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing this tank on youtube a long time ago, was worried it was taken down Glad its not, you have a really cool tank. Love the venusta too

Thanks. One of my really old videos had over 50,000 views and at the time I thought my tank was amazing. Looking back at that video, and pictures I took at that time, you can see brown algae covered rock, dull colors and corals struggling to even survive. I did have a lot of patience though and continued to work through my issues. The tank even completely crashed in 2018 and I'm still sticking with it.

Your tank is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! If you did not read the description or your build thread you would think this is a huge tank, not a nano. Amazing.

Thank you! The tank fools a lot of people, and thats kind of the goal. The longer than usual length to height ration creates a panoramic view and then with a clear back it adds a fake sense of depth. Instead of 8" it looks more like 2 feet as thats the distance to the wall.

Truly beautiful, but what I like most is the lesson of patience. The development over time is great. So many, myself leading the group, want that tank immediately! Thanks for sharing.

Totally. I mentioned it above that my tank has had quite a few ups and downs and its really easy to just give up when things aren't going right. Continued patience, adjustments, and improvements along the way help every tank. I too still want parts of my tank to look great immediately. There are a few frags that I know will look amazing but they need 2-3 years of growth and that means 900-1000 days of accidents i need to avoid to make it happen.

Same. ::1am:: "Oh, look at the time, guess I'll test parameters and do a water change."

LOL Its like the best time and worst time to do it. No distractons and what seems like a ton of time to get everything done. Then its 2am-3am and I'm getting sleepy. I might make mistakes, and now I don't have the time to correct them or I don't even notice I screwed something up and going to get worse and cause a mess in the morning. Fun times.

Beautiful, but I can’t believe the size of it and the amount of equipment! Lol

Simply amazing, and so neat and tidy and pristine, and those office pictures are really useful to show the size.

Thank you. Ya..... the equipment to tank ratio is getting a bit on the ridiculous side. But I've definitely noticed a difference in the health and quality of the corals by running an Apex, Trident, and better filtration over my v1 tank.

The 2nd office picture is one of my favorites. It was nice having a tank at work. Lot of coworkers and clients loved to look at the tank, but it did make maintenance very difficult once I started to have kids and other duties I needed to get home to after work. After the tank was moved home it got a bit neglected being in the basement and only seeing it in the evening for a short while. Now with working from home being a thing, its right back to being next to me all day :D

This is one of the coolest nano tanks I have seen! I think I would honestly be happy with just the cooler full of corals you had pictured

Thanks! The cooler shot was pretty neat. The fact that I could transfer every living thing in a small box showed how small the tank was.

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the best tanks with one of my favorite fishes in it(purple masked angel), glad to c it’s still up and going!

djitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. Any tips on how to take FTS photos similar to yours using an iPhone/Cell phone?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its been a long time since an update. How about some 4K slow mo to see how it looks right now.

No words for the artistry of this tank.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i’m really surprised you have a flame wrasse in there with no cover...
also, a venustus that you’ve had in there for a couple of years now!

truly amazing and an inspiration to say the least

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I’m still in love with that Venustus angel, and boy o boy has she grown. Is she still being a model citizen and not touching any coral?

The Venustus has been a model citizen as far as I can tell. I rarely have polyp extension on most of my sps so maybe she's nipping at everything when I'm not around but the corals are really taking off lately and showing great color so I'm not changing anything.

i’m really surprised you have a flame wrasse in there with no cover...
also, a venustus that you’ve had in there for a couple of years now!

truly amazing and an inspiration

Thanks!!

There is a screen top for the tank.

Its still the original that I've used since the beginning. Here is a picture of it just after I built it. It could definitely use an update though. After almost 9 years the mesh is getting loose and the frame has some salt damage.
3HY0kl.jpg

I take it off when I go into the room to feed the fish. I leave it off while I'm in the room or taking pictures of the tank. The wrasse has been on the floor a few times though and given me slight heart attacks. I'll be looking at the computer and I'll hear an unusual splash or thud and know something jumped. It almost always the flame.

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still amazed at how much interest you have created within such a small footprint. Inspires me to want to do better. Thanks for the update!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back