3 Foot Office Nano

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love this!! I have missed seeing updates on this reef! One of my favs!

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you drill any holes into the tee to creat the dorso?

This was the original plan. To have TWO durso drains with a air hole in the top of each tee. After some testing I figured out I could do a Herbie-ish style system with one being a full siphon and the other being a trickle. I achieved this by using moldable plastic on the drain covers (Marc shows this in his video) The siphon drain has the slots exposed on the bottom so no air gets in. And the trickle side has only a few slots at the top to just allow the surface of the water to drain. This one handles the fluctuations and keeps it silent.

Recipe2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the original plan. To have TWO durso drains with a air hole in the top of each tee. After some testing I figured out I could do a Herbie-ish style system with one being a full siphon and the other being a trickle. I achieved this by using moldable plastic on the drain covers (Marc shows this in his video) The siphon drain has the slots exposed on the bottom so no air gets in. And the trickle side has only a few slots at the top to just allow the surface of the water to drain. This one handles the fluctuations and keeps it silent.
Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to try and replicate your amazing work my self. I’m just I love with it. It’s going to have some interesting challenges as I live in Australia but I think it will be fun. I have already brought the low profile bulk heads from Amazon, the drain caps looks a little different then yours do as I couldn’t find the exact same ones you used. I will have a lot of question if you wouldn’t mind, I’ll send you a pm soon.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry for Hanna Tester.

I use a Trident for the major elements. 10.18 Alk, 448 Ca, 1466 Mag.

A HR Nitrate Tester would be nice as I haven't tested Nitrate in months... but if the tank is going well do I need to?

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Marc’s video you can see the light fixture. In your recent video it’s not pictured. Are you running the same light and do you have it hung higher or just lifted for the video?

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eschulist I still love your tank after all these years. How many times have you had to re-scape it due to overgrowth?

I am planning my 3rd re-scape of my 120g and in 5 years everything is massive. I did get the same tank and set it up after seeing your tank for the 1st time but clearly not even close to your perfection. Also it is part of my 7 tank 510g system.
20220301_205103.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back