OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... The problem is... That is the original wall... I already cut it to fit the 240... Which was taller... This one is 2" shorter... Which means the top piece of trim has to be that big to cover the hole.. The only way to fix it would be to replace the entire wall... But i HATE doing drywall work!

Less anyone wants to have a drywall party???

Anyone???

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a chair backer with howe casing..... that would give it a nice depth look....or....if you get the wood off the wall ill come help you drywall it and we could do something crazy kinda like whats in my livingroom ceiling

Last edited:

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though we're no experts, we aren't inexperienced either in the drywall thing. And we're close. We could help if there's a project coming up.

Jennifier615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might could do some small 1" tiles all around the trim and that may minimize on the width of the boards.....use a bi-colored border

For those of you reefers about to "rock"- we salute you ;)

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok... so i gave my boys a paintbrush... what a ya think of this?
still needs something...
1311957028.jpg

Last edited:

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still needs something...
1311957028.jpg
Do you prefeer honesty or kindness, As I can see you need both in this situation. It just dosen't do it for me, The Whole trim kit needs changed IMO
Bill

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you were to drop the paneling down from the ceiling some, and then put the trim at the ceiling instead like crown moulding? Or is there some up there already? Guess I'll see it tomorrow morning.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you prefeer honesty or kindness, As I can see you need both in this situation. It just dosen't do it for me, The Whole trim kit needs changed IMO
Bill

THIS^^^^^ It looks So out of place with the rest of the wall. almost to the point of an after thought. see ifyou can get a hold of some molding or something with some depth and then stain it a little darker than the current wood paneling. give it a nice high gloss varnish. ...im thinking a cherry slightly darker than the paneling..

this seems to have a bit of a rustic look which from memory the rest of your room does not.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still needs something...
1311957028.jpg

I like the rustic look Mel. maybe like lindsey said it don't really match the well. Can't remember what your furniture look. Maybe you take a pic of the whole room from the kitchen so we can get better look.

tahojones

Linda J
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm loving your pictures, Mel. Keep em comin..... I can just imagine what an awsome tank that will be. With you and Mr. Bill teaming up........ WOW !

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it looks a lot BIGGER in person! Amazing tank Mel! We've been to Mel's!!!!! Wooooooo!!
Thanks for everything Mel and Michael. Gonna hook all this up and try to get my tank visitor worthy! I miss your fish already, though--get one of those web cams going so I can watch em all day.

MVlk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trim definitely looks much better in person. A little two blue for me, but the tank is looking very good. Always a good visit at Mel's.

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest update... we started on the lighting... i finally decided to go with 192 3w led's... lighting by REEF LED LIGHTS and built by Poolkeeper1... we worked on the arrangement yesterday... and what we;ve come up with... is AWESOME!!!! i cant wait to show it to ya! but so far... this is whats done... the tape is blocking off for the overflows...
ledframe.jpg

and still we build...

Last edited:

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest update... we started on the lighting... i finally decided to go with 192 3w led's... lighting by Poolkeeper1... we worked on the arrangement yesterday... and what we;ve come up with... is AWESOME!!!! i cant wait to show it to ya! but so far... this is whats done... the tape is blocking off for the overflows...

and still we build...

Ummm ok kewl but whats the 12' aluminum ladder for? :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea... ITs gonna be a little bright! With the last build.. Imhad trouble controling the light in the "fish rOom" with the mh's I had algae growing in the skimmer, rodi, calcium reactor and other places... So this time I'm going tomb putting most of the equipment in cabinets... Luckily I know a place i can get them! I started working on them today... So maybe I'll have more photos soon... Good grief!! There is still soooooooooo much to do! Man! I love this crap!

:)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back