300G Fish compatible

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m looking at stocking my 300G Fowler with a Clown Trigger, Tesselata Eel, Emperor Angel and maybe a banded cat shark.
From what I know I believe these will all be fine together but have heard some opinions that the clown trigger may beat up the shark.
Looking to get opinions or experience on this.
thanks,

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at stocking my 300G Fowler with a Clown Trigger, Tesselata Eel, Emperor Angel and maybe a banded cat shark.
From what I know I believe these will all be fine together but have heard some opinions that the clown trigger may beat up the shark.
thanks,

From what I've read the eel will eventually eat everything. But I have no personal experience. I think @lion king has one of these now

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most likely, the trigger would take bites out of the shark.
Any chance if I got the trigger tiny and the shark hatched myself that they would grow up together? Not sure how it works since I’ve never done a FOWLER before. Was thinking there would be a small chance if they were used to each other from the start maybe they would get somewhat along.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
thanks,
I dont see eel being a threat but make clown trigger the last addition and give it hiding/cave structures. They are not as nasty as accused and while capable of damage, rarely do you hear Horror stories. Undulated trigger is a whole different circumstance. One positive is they all share similar diet

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know anything about sharks. If anyone has a chance with a tessa, it would be a clown trigger and emporer angel. I would try and get the smallest tessa you can find and size the others appropriately. Sometimes the tessa becomes the only fishin the tank, so stock carefully.

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any chance if I got the trigger tiny and the shark hatched myself that they would grow up together? Not sure how it works since I’ve never done a FOWLER before. Was thinking there would be a small chance if they were used to each other from the start maybe they would get somewhat along.
Trigger and Angel could both take chunks out of the shark, trigger is more likely than the angel. Is it possible they will get along fine with no issue? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back