3D printer recommendation

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always recommended enders to start with. (I have 11 printers and have had more). I just got and assembled a prusa MK3S+ kit and absolutely love it.

I am now in the process of selling off all my creality printers except my ender 2 pros (I have two of them) so I can get another prusa. I am also keeping my two trees bluer plus for the large build volume I need once in a while.

I have been printing for 5 years now almost. I print multiple items every day.

I here the voron is even better than the prusa, but, I don't have that level of commitment to a scratch build and the price is double (at least) what a prusa is. I am told they take 40 hours to build and over 100 hours to print the parts.
I was on the fence with Voron as well. But the assembly wasn’t that hard. I felt the learning curve for klipper gave me more issues. With that’s said. I am very happen with the results. Built 2 now. You can get an ended to print the same results tho. I know. And In The end probably takes the same amount of time as a scratch build

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was on the fence with Voron as well. But the assembly wasn’t that hard. I felt the learning curve for klipper gave me more issues. With that’s said. I am very happen with the results. Built 2 now. You can get an ended to print the same results tho. I know. And In The end probably takes the same amount of time as a scratch build
did you buy a voron kit or source all the parts yourself? The kits are looking great. Don't have it in me todo all the sourcing...

_Jake_Simek_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I looked at the Ender 3 and Prusa, and but ended up going with a Sidewinder Artillery because it has a larger bed, and comes with a direct extruder already. I've been pretty happy with it, but it is my first printer, so others with more experience might chime in with a more informed opinion. It has been really useful for creating little items for my 900g build - probably already paid for itself...
I second Prusa all the way

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you buy a voron kit or source all the parts yourself? The kits are looking great. Don't have it in me todo all the sourcing...
I bought kits for both. After I tried to source the first one. With shipping and and everything it was going to be very close to a kit. Now granted I would of had plenty of left over part and piece to possibly use in the future. It just didn’t make sense. I Thought I was going to get something wrong and all of that jazz. The first kit was a switchwire from LDO and it was really easy to work on. Wiring was amazing and well thought out. But it was expensive. The second was a V0 from formbot. It wasn’t as polished. Had to clean up the wiring a bit. But was well worth the savings. At least for me. I will be getting another one for the 2.4 build

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PETG is great, wont break down as fast as say PLA. If it's a short term thing, PLA is a Plant based Bioplastic...
I've heard this many times but from my understanding it doesn't really break down unless under very specific conditions. I haven't ever heard a single horror story with PLA in a reef, but I know of several people who make and sell plenty of aquarium gadgets and widgets both submerged and not which are PLA. I guess you can use PETG if you want to be extra safe (I did when I first started printing due to the PLA break down rumors).

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought kits for both. After I tried to source the first one. With shipping and and everything it was going to be very close to a kit. Now granted I would of had plenty of left over part and piece to possibly use in the future. It just didn’t make sense. I Thought I was going to get something wrong and all of that jazz. The first kit was a switchwire from LDO and it was really easy to work on. Wiring was amazing and well thought out. But it was expensive. The second was a V0 from formbot. It wasn’t as polished. Had to clean up the wiring a bit. But was well worth the savings. At least for me. I will be getting another one for the 2.4 build
how do you think something like this stacks up against a voron? Really hard for me to justify building a voron when stuff like this are available.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you think something like this stacks up against a voron? Really hard for me to justify building a voron when stuff like this are available.

I have the two trees bluer plus for larger items and it works great after tweaking and removing the sync belt from the z axis.

I would never buy from that site though. I battled them for months with an issue on a printer I bought from them.

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve looked into these. I’m sure that will do the trick. the print size is nice. I personally don’t like glass beds and the leveling springs. But that doesn’t mean they don’t work. And can be changed out down the road.
And I agree. Don’t buy from that site. They have tons of issues. Somehow they lost the printer in shipping and it took months to finally get it

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
wow. I should have gotten direct link to the printer... I'm just researching; not actually buying anytihgn right now...
That company is obviously doing something right to have so many opinions! hehe...

lmpo... I've stocked up on Enders3Pros... I've even Extended one to be 400x400x250 bedsize... defn. gets artifacts on the y-axis but its a huge build volume!

IMG_2391.JPEG

lol... this shade was a fail... it peeled-up off the bed right after this...
The new print (with big feet) and ambient air temp at 85 is going well with adhesion... so far...

BARNAKEWLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. I should have gotten direct link to the printer... I'm just researching; not actually buying anytihgn right now...
That company is obviously doing something right to have so many opinions! hehe...

lmpo... I've stocked up on Enders3Pros... I've even Extended one to be 400x400x250 bedsize... defn. gets artifacts on the y-axis but its a huge build volume!

IMG_2391.JPEG

lol... this shade was a fail... it peeled-up off the bed right after this...
The new print (with big feet) and ambient air temp at 85 is going well with adhesion... so far...
Well.. ur right.. I did get my printer from the company.. after 2 months lol.

what light is that shade for? Look big

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well.. ur right.. I did get my printer from the company.. after 2 months lol.

what light is that shade for? Look big
XR30. its a huge shade. Had to keep ambient at 90 so it would stay on the bed. The second attempt turned out great but I'll probably be doing other things for these larger shades. I'll probably be carving them out of PVC sheets on my CNC and assembling them.

lalesiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use simplify 3D with this printer and it works perfectly ($149 USD).
I create my models using Autodesk Fusion 360 which has free licenses for hobbyists (after signing up for a free trial).
I use a glue stick with the plastic pads that came with it for PLA without issue. The ABS that comes with it seems to require Rafts for proper adhesion.
Here I found a list of good 3d printer

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Regarding resin vs. filament - depends on the size of the details you want to make. Since you said blender I'm leaning towards resin. If you want to make larger parts with less details, I'd suggest a coreXY printer like the Bambu Labs X1 or Ender 5 S1 pro. If you want to spend less money, I'd fall back on the above recommendation of an Ender 3 S1 Pro.
Prusa is just charging too much for a bed slinger IMO. The dual extruders recommended above are awesome but may be a lot for a 1st time printer.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm looking at getting started in 3d printing. Have a few projects in mind. Has anyone tried the ender 3 max neo?
I'm a Creality fan and that is a lot of build area and some nice features for the price. That's a great machine in my opinion.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The SOVOL SV06 Plus is close in price. Its liner rods makes it better then the Ender. I dont have any firsthand experience with the printer though.

just watching

Makes me think SOVOL beat them to market at a lower price with comparable product.

Last edited:

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The SOVOL SV06 Plus is close in price. Its liner rods makes it better then the Ender. I dont have any firsthand experience with the printer though.

just watching

Makes me think SOVOL beat them to market at a lower price with comparable product.

we ordered a few of these already. looks promising..

currently building acrylic enclosures for them..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back