3D Printing aquarium things

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience 3D printing filter chambers for an AIN? Just got a 3D printer and someone at my LFS suggested I print a chamber for my 34 gallon red sea. Anyone have experience with something like this? PM me if u do

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Calebb8133, I had someone request a filter box for a JBJ Nano 24g AIO. I designed it to their measurements and requests. It was an extremely long and difficult process to get print quality I was happy with and confident enough to trust for continued use. I think the model took about 900g of filament and like 30 hours print time in PETG. I tried many variations of this with varying wall thicknesses to reduce consumption but I didn't like how flexible they were with this design.

My personal summation was this product isn't really economical for me to print. The acrylic versions are signficantly stronger, clear, and only marginally more expensive considering the overall costs to perfect the prints. If I had a design in mind that couldn't be done easily with traditional acrylic welding methods I would reconsider 3d printing it, but for basic filter boxes I would just get the ones that are already being made.

JBJ24Nano_Filterbox_v2.png

If you need any help with modeling your own boxes let me know, I'm happy to help! Good luck!

OP
OP
Calebb8133

Calebb8133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Calebb8133, I had someone request a filter box for a JBJ Nano 24g AIO. I designed it to their measurements and requests. It was an extremely long and difficult process to get print quality I was happy with and confident enough to trust for continued use. I think the model took about 900g of filament and like 30 hours print time in PETG. I tried many variations of this with varying wall thicknesses to reduce consumption but I didn't like how flexible they were with this design.

My personal summation was this product isn't really economical for me to print. The acrylic versions are signficantly stronger, clear, and only marginally more expensive considering the overall costs to perfect the prints. If I had a design in mind that couldn't be done easily with traditional acrylic welding methods I would reconsider 3d printing it, but for basic filter boxes I would just get the ones that are already being made.

JBJ24Nano_Filterbox_v2.png

If you need any help with modeling your own boxes let me know, I'm happy to help! Good luck!
Awesome thx will look into it and c if my brother could come up with something that could work but we will c thx

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back