Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
controller cabinet
-What do you guys think so far?
-I plan on keeping all the cords hidden inside the cabinet along with all the controllers for everything

X2ljP80.jpg

Here is what the cabinet looks like next to the stand. This is where it will remain.

It will serve as a small work station while fragging and gluing corals in the tank as well

yoIVy38.jpg

I also got a screen kit from innovative marine it’s a really nice kit would recommend it if your trying to do a cheap top

p5ZNnMP.jpg

wblOCmB.jpg

rMCspGO.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice work! A lot to like there including your cycling plan!

Sayn3ver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a custom size at sca? Basically I've been looking for a 20x20x16 or 24x24x16 for awhile now. I feel manufacturers are missing a segment as I find 18"+ too deep to constantly be in it for Maintenance and 12" too shallow sometimes to develop a scape.

BTW I'm assuming you did your homework but typically the opening for the stairs tends to be the weakest point regarding wood framing. I am hoping either the wall it's sitting in front of is load bearing or the stairwell has a full wall on both sides (and that wall is framed as typical and not just scabbed together like some are simply to hold up the drywall.

Besides that concern above, I love the placement to be honest. I don't think I'd ever would have considered the upstairs hallway to be a choice but it now gives a space that's typically just passed through more of a purpose.

I can also see it acting as a night light if you run LEDs late into the evening or moon lights.

Looking forward to it's progress.

OP
OP
Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Is that a custom size at sca? Basically I've been looking for a 20x20x16 or 24x24x16 for awhile now. I feel manufacturers are missing a segment as I find 18"+ too deep to constantly be in it for Maintenance and 12" too shallow sometimes to develop a scape.

BTW I'm assuming you did your homework but typically the opening for the stairs tends to be the weakest point regarding wood framing. I am hoping either the wall it's sitting in front of is load bearing or the stairwell has a full wall on both sides (and that wall is framed as typical and not just scabbed together like some are simply to hold up the drywall.

Besides that concern above, I love the placement to be honest. I don't think I'd ever would have considered the upstairs hallway to be a choice but it now gives a space that's typically just passed through more of a purpose.

I can also see it acting as a night light if you run LEDs late into the evening or moon lights.

Looking forward to it's progress.

It is a custom SCAquarium I wish I would have done 16 and not 14 but I can live with it. The floor should hold lol well I hope or it’s gonna be a crappy stay . I did the math and the tank with everything weighs about 500 pounds and spans two joist so should be good

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back