Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Added some more gadgets

Feeding my calcium reactor with this

Also turned my skimmate buddy into a dosing container for the price it’s the cheapest nice container that can hang up on the side of the stand I could find

OP
OP
Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Anyone else make their own Sps domes??

when I get a new Sps I always cut it from the original plug and glue it to my own once it’s encrusted a little and happy in its spot I glue one of these in its place and slide the plug into the hole and it’s good to encrust

4E89C7C1-F2B6-4E09-909F-9AB59909B371.jpeg
2DF0E0C4-178C-4FB2-B6F5-A05E1008DE81.jpeg

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else make their own Sps domes??

when I get a new Sps I always cut it from the original plug and glue it to my own once it’s encrusted a little and happy in its spot I glue one of these in its place and slide the plug into the hole and it’s good to encrust

4E89C7C1-F2B6-4E09-909F-9AB59909B371.jpeg
2DF0E0C4-178C-4FB2-B6F5-A05E1008DE81.jpeg
Whats the advantage of this?

Badfish2too

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats all starboard on the bottom huh? How did you lay that down? I was thinking of doing that in my next tank

And what are those frags sitting on? Some kind of mesh?

OP
OP
Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
Yes it’s starboard on the bottom. What I did was cut it to the fit on the inside of the sealant so it would lay flat on the bottom of the glass. Then just bought some GE #1 caulking from Homedepot and glued it down to the glass. It was super easy. This is the second tank I’ve done it to also. Just make sure to run a constant bead around the edge of the starboard so it seals tight and you can’t get any ditritus under it and cause issues down the road.

Thats all starboard on the bottom huh? How did you lay that down? I was thinking of doing that in my next tank

And what are those frags sitting on? Some kind of mesh?

Badfish2too

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt think about cutting it a little small. I was thinking more like put some silicone underneath it as a cushion. But I like your idea better maybe

OP
OP
Ohiostreetz

Ohiostreetz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
you could but for me I didn’t want to take anymore space in the tank do to it only being 14” tall. You could always have the place cut a bevel all the way around that way you can have it more clean looking

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back