400 gallon first reef build super newb

dont worry, op. youll soon learn all the lingo!! lol. its just that some of the really neat fish and critters you cant keep with most corals. so depending on what you want its sometimes one or the other!
 
1743814477845.jpeg

Monsters, like this French Angel I grew from a juvenile to the size of a dinner plate. ;)
That's a big one
I like some good size fish but I do want a bunch of big coral
I'll post a picture of something I'm looking for
 
Three hours round-trip not too bad
400 bucks for the rental liftgate truck
We got the tank transferred to its new room
Very impressed with all of the equipment and the tank over 550 gallons complete system
 
Last edited:
Would not even fit through a 36 inch wide door I had to complete remove hardware and framing door jam etc. but it's home

IMG_6692.jpeg IMG_6693.jpeg IMG_6694.jpeg IMG_6697.jpeg IMG_6699.jpeg IMG_6702.jpeg IMG_6704.jpeg IMG_6708.jpeg
 
It's a bonus being electrical contractor been in construction since 19 so I'm not afraid to tackle anything
Of course the reef itself is gonna be the hardest thing I probably ever do
 
It's a bonus being electrical contractor been in construction since 19 so I'm not afraid to tackle anything
Of course the reef itself is gonna be the hardest thing I probably ever do
Anything worth doing is worth doing too soon! :). I have had a 75 and a 40 the last few years and have had big ups and big downs. Learned a ton.

We are about to put an 8 footer in our new home,and looking forward to following and learning from your experience. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous. Lol
 
Anything worth doing is worth doing too soon! :). I have had a 75 and a 40 the last few years and have had big ups and big downs. Learned a ton.

We are about to put an 8 footer in our new home,and looking forward to following and learning from your experience. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous. Lol
Well keep on watching you'll probably see me make a lot of mistakes I do have a buddy who's knowledgeable that's gonna help Help I decided just to go big and not work my way up
 
Thought I'd post this for all those people who like to see how you make a picture frame dual view from a cut out wall pre drywall mud
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6848.jpeg
    IMG_6848.jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 171
bleaching some rock for five days and then going to dechlorinate
Nothing too exciting going on
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6907.jpeg
    IMG_6907.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 137
How’s the framing coming along
 
Have you thought about the electrical yet? Dumb question to ask an electrician but really I’m probing because I want to set up my electrical such that I could upgrade to a similar size at some point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new