48 V2 Pro Vs 50 V2 Pro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I am upgrading tanks when I move soon and currently have the 48 Pro over a 75 gallon tank. I plan on buying a 60x24x24 150g tank at the new house. My question is will the 48 Pro be able to cover the tank sufficiently? I am going to hang the lights from the ceiling, height from tank not determined yet.

I plan on only keeping SPS (center of the tank) and LPS on the sides with maybe some zoas on their own separate rock island.

I looked at the 48 and 50 online and don't see a difference unless I am blind, same amount of LEDs.

Thank you!

Wizard677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am upgrading tanks when I move soon and currently have the 48 Pro over a 75 gallon tank. I plan on buying a 60x24x24 150g tank at the new house. My question is will the 48 Pro be able to cover the tank sufficiently? I am going to hang the lights from the ceiling, height from tank not determined yet.

I plan on only keeping SPS (center of the tank) and LPS on the sides with maybe some zoas on their own separate rock island.

I looked at the 48 and 50 online and don't see a difference unless I am blind, same amount of LEDs.

Thank you!
I am of no help, but...Does the 48 Pro run SPS in the center and LPS on sides of your current 4' tank? I have been considering these for a 4' tank.

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the light, it did before the crash. currently no corals other then zoas and they are growing like weeds.

Cpants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you!
Sorry about the tank I don't have any input but I'll give you a bump and ask a question. Does your 75 have a center brace, and if it does was there any shadowing under it from the photon? Did you use any light bars or other supplementation lighting?

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about the tank I don't have any input but I'll give you a bump and ask a question. Does your 75 have a center brace, and if it does was there any shadowing under it from the photon? Did you use any light bars or other supplementation lighting?
it does have a center brace, no shadowing I see included a pic. No other lights! I did borrow a par reader and had to move the lights up since I was getting like 200 on the sand, the lights are powerful

75gal.jpg

Cpants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does have a center brace, no shadowing I see included a pic. No other lights! I did borrow a par reader and had to move the lights up since I was getting like 200 on the sand, the lights are powerful

75gal.jpg
Wow awesome. Thank you. I'm really leaning towards this for my 75 too. No issues obviously if you're thinking of keeping them right?

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow awesome. Thank you. I'm really leaning towards this for my 75 too. No issues obviously if you're thinking of keeping them right?
nope! easy to set up the app too, programming the schedule takes a little to get the hand of but once you do its simple.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There!

The 48 is 43.5" long and designed for 48" tanks, though it can be used on longer tanks if you raise it up higher.

The 50 is 47.5" long and designed for 60" tanks- it can also be used on 48" tanks but there may be more light spill.

They are the same wattage/number of LEDs- but the 50 spreads the LEDs out a bit more, so you get more coverage that way.

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey There!

The 48 is 43.5" long and designed for 48" tanks, though it can be used on longer tanks if you raise it up higher.

The 50 is 47.5" long and designed for 60" tanks- it can also be used on 48" tanks but there may be more light spill.

They are the same wattage/number of LEDs- but the 50 spreads the LEDs out a bit more, so you get more coverage that way.
awesome thank you! I must have mis-read the length. I want to save some money on the new build and re-purpose the lights but I guess the PAR meter will have the final say.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

75gal.jpg
What channel power %‘s drove the 200 par on bottom? Also, what was your light height above water line and what is tank height, 18” tall?

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What channel power %‘s drove the 200 par on bottom? Also, what was your light height above water line and what is tank height, 18” tall?
Correct 18 inch tall tank, lights were 8 inches from the water line. I have them taken down for now (no corals) but I want to say my schedule was 65-70% intensity when I took the par readings.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back