OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol random update. gonna start soon. Actually doing a 70 gallon as i traded my malawi 40 gal tank + equipment + livestock for the 70 gal 48x18x18 inch. So 70 gallon it is... Since its 4 foot, pyramid butterfly and yellow eye tang/purple tang? Its still FO

Stocking
Yellow eye kole tang
pyramid butterfly trio/duo (im fine with one tooo though)
naoko wrasse
pair of clowns
target mandarinfish
yellow head jawfish
longnose hawkfish
black nox angel/golden angel
midas blenny

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all of your questions are around stocking and equipment, but based on the frequency of bumps and time between them I recommend working on patience as well. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby and I fear your impatience will be your downfall.

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, i think ill be doing a 70 gal, as from what all recommendationsi got . Then more changes, The 70 gal i got, and this week has been chaotic to say the least. Anyways i really doubt Ill be changing much stuff now so yea. Apparently in this hobby "bigger is better" as from what ive heard and id rather the animals in my care have the moost space i can give em and a more stable tank. As for impatience, I guess im just like that.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol random update. gonna start soon. Actually doing a 70 gallon as i traded my malawi 40 gal tank + equipment + livestock for the 70 gal 48x18x18 inch. So 70 gallon it is... Since its 4 foot, pyramid butterfly and yellow eye tang/purple tang? Its still FO

Stocking
Yellow eye kole tang
pyramid butterfly trio/duo (im fine with one tooo though)
naoko wrasse
pair of clowns
target mandarinfish
yellow head jawfish
longnose hawkfish
black nox angel/golden angel
midas blenny
In a 4’ tank that only has an 18” width you’re still limited on stocking. You ideally want a floor space of 4’x2’ for tangs and butterflies. The Angel should be alright however they can get quite boisterous and I’d stick to the dwarfs in a 4’x18” (again, 4’x2’ is best for the medium sized angels). Purple tangs really shouldn’t be in 4’ tanks anyway, they get way too nasty and need Atleast 6’ worth of swimming room.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to live aquaria, black nox is a dwarf angel btw
I was referring towards the Golden Angel assuming you meant Apolemichthys xanthopunctatus.
so is the single pyramid fine? Online it says it needs around a 70gal
Personally I wouldn’t after having a CBB in a 4’x2’ which I’ve found to be less active than a Pyramid.

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was referring towards the Golden Angel assuming you meant Apolemichthys xanthopunctatus.

Personally I wouldn’t after having a CBB in a 4’x2’ which I’ve found to be less active than a Pyramid.
Hold up. i didnt mean the Apolemichthys xanthopunctatus. I meant the Centropyge aurantia

I think ill do a single pyramid seen from the research ive done. If it doesnt work I can give the fish back and get a refund.

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ill do a foxface instead of the angel. ANy aggression issues? The only one i can think of is the tomini tang

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question - 2 tangs (purple/yellow and tomini) work. I really really reaaaaly want a purple. Im alright if i dont have a tomini tang. So stocking -

Pyramid butterfly
purple tang
tomini tang
foxface (still confused on this one)
naoko wrasse
clownfish pair
midas blenny
diamond goby
mandarin
sand hopper blenny
pajama cardinal

Smith.Tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question - 2 tangs (purple/yellow and tomini) work. I really really reaaaaly want a purple. Im alright if i dont have a tomini tang. So stocking -

Pyramid butterfly
purple tang
tomini tang
naoko wrasse
clownfish pair
midas blenny
diamond goby
mandarin
sand hopper blenny
pajama cardinal
tank size isn't even minimum size for those tangs, as said above, I don't think tangs are the best idea for your tank. You said earlier as long as you can get a certain wrasse your okay, so maybe steer away from the tangs.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pyramid butterfly
purple tang
tomini tang
naoko wrasse
clownfish pair
midas blenny
diamond goby
mandarin
sand hopper blenny
pajama cardinal
The first four should be out of the plan unfortunately, you need a 4’x2’ for the Tomini and a 6’x2’ for the Purple as a bare minimum. The same issue will occur with the butterfly, you need that 4’x2’ floor space as a minimum for even a single specimen. Foxface is another I would wait for a 4’x2’ floor space to get. I know how annoying it is to not be able to have a fish you want however I really suggest just waiting for a larger floorspace as then you won’t have to rehome the fish later down the road.
The other three that won’t work are the three above the cardinal. The Perchlet will be aggressive to fish with a similar body size as it and the Mandarin and Goby will outcompete eachother for a food source. The other issue with a Diamond Goby is their food source primarily comes from the sand, these guys need to have Atleast a 3” sandbed at the bare minimum to have the depth of sand where the food source cant be eradicated quite so fast and has time to reproduce. The sandbed also needs to be atleast 3-5 years old by the time you get this fish for it to thrive (And in the kindest way, I don’t think you would be able to due to patience however I do love being proven wrong :)).

OP
OP
L0L_Z

L0L_Z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ill do a 20 gallon mixed nano reef as that is wayyy too much now

Stocking
Gold stripe possum wrasse
pajama cardinal
clownfish (just one)
orange spot goby
hellfrichi firefish

Equipment
heater
Macro aqua m-50 (oversized)
2x Lumini pixie 30
Cheap powerheads from amazon
Geek pure rodi (does this even count as equipment???)

Other stuff
Red sea coral pro blue bucket
Tetra easy strips
salifert calcium test
refractometer

Corals
Acan lords
torches
hammers
octospawn
frogspawn
zoas
montipora
birds nest
trachys
war coral
stylophora
pavona

cuc
Trochus snails 3x
gold ring cowries 3x
cleaner shrimp
tuxedo urchins 2x
emerald crabs 2x

IS all good?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is better to have no skimmer, than it is to get that macro aqua m-50 skimmer. Its a piece of junk that will eventually flood your floor. I can send you mine for free if you pay the shipping, but its not worth it, trust me you will regret that purchase.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back