55 Gallon Reef Lighting

akelly310

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
72
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I am having trouble finding a good lighting set up for my 55 gallon that I am looking to start this weekend. I am wanting to eventually grow soft corals and maybe a few LPS down the road. I think I prefer LED just based on what I’ve seen. I also like the Moonlight function for early morning and evening viewing.

Appreciate any advice!
 
It really depends on your budget, but I use both AI Prime, (for my Quarantine Tank) and AI Hydras 26 and 32, (for my Display Tank) and they can handle any Soft Coral and LPS I throw at em so far. They are kind of expensive, but a lot less than their bigger sisters the Radion's. There are many other more budget friendly options out there that I am sure others will bring up, but these are what I have experience with and I would highly recommend either the AI Prime or Hydra lights.
 
2-Visparspectra 165w....$130 bucks each......see Amazon......no moonlight....or special functions.
Those cost $500 more
 
2-Visparspectra 165w....$130 bucks each......see Amazon......no moonlight....or special functions.
Those cost $500 more
I’ll look into them now. Thanks!
 
It really depends on your budget, but I use both AI Prime, (for my Quarantine Tank) and AI Hydras 26 and 32, (for my Display Tank) and they can handle any Soft Coral and LPS I throw at em so far. They are kind of expensive, but a lot less than their bigger sisters the Radion's. There are many other more budget friendly options out there that I am sure others will bring up, but these are what I have experience with and I would highly recommend either the AI Prime or Hydra lights.
Thanks for the advice. Budget is a concern, but I also don’t want to short change my tank. I’ll look into these.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new