OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also got a good deal of a purple and green frog spwan and gsp so i add them to the tank to day. the GSP is on a solo rock all by its self ill put up some picture tomo

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woke up today and this something growing on my zoas and war coral looks like gray tentacles coming out the side hopefully something i can get rid of

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got some picture maybe some one can tell me whats going on with these coral
20171016_180638.jpg
20171016_180625.jpg
20171016_180607.jpg

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think so im getting a better camera soon. but im pretty sure it is im getting somr aptasia x today. they came out of now where

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i pick up 2 things today that should help with the outbreak
20171021_142825.jpg
20171021_142839.jpg

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a bad picture there is a both a cleaner and a peppermint shrimp

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone suggestion on where to put a mp 40 right now i have it in the back on the side glass torch seems to be getting a lot of flow but doesn't seem to mind. also i went down to one ai hydra instead of 2 and raise it a little(post some pic tonight) playing around with some new setting

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think your right...ive have just one now just for a few days and i do like it. with 2 it did seem a little much. my next question could i use the other ai hydra to like my refugium when i decide to get one

shaggydoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could but I think that would be a waste of the Hydra. It would be a lot more light than you ever need in a refugium. I light mine with a light that was less than $10 on Amazon. You don't need much more than a simple grow light for a refugium

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could but I think that would be a waste of the Hydra. It would be a lot more light than you ever need in a refugium. I light mine with a light that was less than $10 on Amazon. You don't need much more than a simple grow light for a refugium
ya you make a good point. ill look in to that i plan on getting and 75 or a 120(depending on my freshwater tank) when i move in to my house ill save the like for that

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a good start. I love my 60 cube. The dimensions are great for that size tank.

For a return, look at an Eheim 1262. They're practically bullet proof and put out good flow for a 60 cube.

Stocking options. Consider a yellow coris wrasse, one or two fairy wrasses, and/or a couple of flasher wrasses. You can also fit in a goby, blenny, or firefish. The wrasses come in all manner of colors and the majority are peaceful. If you browse through the reef fish forum you'll find great resources on wrasse compatibility. I recommend the yellow coris(It's not actually a coris...) because I had one and he was a model citizen, is bright yellow, and is an active swimmer. I have an orange back fairy that I personally think is stunning though not large enough to be most people's show fish. I've had bicolor and tail spot blennies that were great fish. Same goes for a yellow watchman goby paired with a pistol shrimp. Firefish are colorful and timid at first but once comfortable with non-aggressive tank mates will swim in the water column as well. A lot of choices for fish! Avoid tangs though, a 60 cube just isn't large enough.

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you're off to a good start. I love my 60 cube. The dimensions are great for that size tank.

For a return, look at an Eheim 1262. They're practically bullet proof and put out good flow for a 60 cube.

Stocking options. Consider a yellow coris wrasse, one or two fairy wrasses, and/or a couple of flasher wrasses. You can also fit in a goby, blenny, or firefish. The wrasses come in all manner of colors and the majority are peaceful. If you browse through the reef fish forum you'll find great resources on wrasse compatibility. I recommend the yellow coris(It's not actually a coris...) because I had one and he was a model citizen, is bright yellow, and is an active swimmer. I have an orange back fairy that I personally think is stunning though not large enough to be most people's show fish. I've had bicolor and tail spot blennies that were great fish. Same goes for a yellow watchman goby paired with a pistol shrimp. Firefish are colorful and timid at first but once comfortable with non-aggressive tank mates will swim in the water column as well. A lot of choices for fish! Avoid tangs though, a 60 cube just isn't large enough.

i was actually looking in to that pump well....the compact 3000. ill probably lean more towards the 1262.

the pistol shrimp and Gobi are next on the list i think. As of the wrasses i dont know much about them i need to do some reading up on them

also thanks for thr reply

OP
OP
Thegoodson

Thegoodson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sooooo....came home today tanks super cloudy everthing close up so i tested everything my alk was high but has been 14 everthing else good. making water right now so i can do a water change tomorrow at the latest friday night. going to moving some coral around touch is getting to much flow. its hard to get things flowing with one mp 40 i do have 2 eflux power head but i dont know if its will be to much

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back