60g Neurosis Stand

Thanks Guys, its pretty sad, but the lessons learned are valuable. Another shame is that my new build will have (sort of) 3 level heater redundancy. Apex probe, Helios probe, and Helios PTC heater all restricting it from meltdown. hell after this I might buy one of those and make it 4x!
IMG_20221222_064648.jpg

IMG_20221222_064655.jpg

IMG_20221222_064700.jpg
IMG_20221222_064708.jpg
IMG_20221222_064713.jpg
IMG_20221222_064722.jpg

Here you can see my partially filled tank. So far I just have rubble for the substrate, I intend to have both rubble and fine sand, my hope being that where the flow is heavier it will still leave rubble, and where it is not will stay sandy. I skipped imaging a whole bunch of steps, but I drilled my rocks, cut titanium rods to structure them, then used mortar to lock them together. not sure how it will hold up long term, but I made it so I can take large chunks of the layout individually when I need to add or remove corals. Other note, you can see how my MP10/controller are mounted behind the tank, the MP10 should be able to provide a nice surge flow through my rock, my hope being to get that ideal "Torch Sway"
 
Last edited:
So sorry to hear about the crash. New build is gonna be sweet though. I'm sure we can help you with some corals to fill it :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new