60G Rimless Cube Build

jeff60gcube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I sold my 210G reef tank and got out of the hobby and knew I would be back eventually. I knew my next go around that I would significantly down size and would not make the same mistakes twice as I did with my first tank. I had my first tank for about 4 years and had many ups and downs. I've slowly been collecting items for my new tank and have decided that it's time to go ahead and make a build thread since it's close to time to fill her up after its plumbed this week

Tank: Marineland 60G Rimless. Corner overflow
Sump: Eshopps Rs-75
Skimmer: Reef Octopus 110 Space Saver
Return Pump: Mag9
Powerheads: MP10 x2
Lights: MarsAqua LED
Stand: Custom
Very basic equipment.

theblackpearl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have bought a non reef ready tank and drilled it for a synergy overflow. That corner overflow takes up a ton of room in a 60 cube

OP
OP
jeff60gcube

jeff60gcube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm okay with the a little bit of lost real estate. I wanted something simple that I didn't have to change or modify too much.

AKay3600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking stand! Very similar to what I have been planning to do with my next stand. Good looking list of equipment as well, can't wait to see it come together.

Also geez that ^^^ is just a rude way to start comments on someones new build thread. Shouldn't need to defend your tank selections on something like that.

Chuck gutshall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking for a stand to buy but building is way cheaper and u can make it what ever u want this stand DIY is really nice

OP
OP
jeff60gcube

jeff60gcube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48C8B040-3A7C-4FB1-B919-3EF400F90177_zpsfci9d79i.jpg

Here's a pic in reference of the drawer used to match the rest of the furniture in the house. Also here is where I currently sit with the plumbing.
F7A2E57B-318E-42B6-8429-A4CCABFCB5E2_zps0f7rqflz.jpg

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I sold my 210G reef tank and got out of the hobby and knew I would be back eventually. I knew my next go around that I would significantly down size and would not make the same mistakes twice as I did with my first tank. I had my first tank for about 4 years and had many ups and downs. I've slowly been collecting items for my new tank and have decided that it's time to go ahead and make a build thread since it's close to time to fill her up after its plumbed this week

Tank: Marineland 60G Rimless. Corner overflow
Sump: Eshopps Rs-75
Skimmer: Reef Octopus 110 Space Saver
Return Pump: Mag9
Powerheads: MP10 x2
Lights: MarsAqua LED
Stand: Custom
Very basic equipment.

Nice job on the stand!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stellar job so far! I LOVE the stand and the scape is great too!! Excellent!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Love the distressed stand. I have the same tank, also with a custom stand, though a bit of a different concept. I also had a much larger system, in the more distant past. I was out of the reef game for over a decade, when I came back with this one, what, a little over a year and a half back. I hope you're happy with the little Eshopps sump, one of the reasons I built my stand as I did was to give me enough room for a slightly larger sump, and a bit of room for other equipment. Those smaller side boxes are sure to help with yours... I'd be thinking of an ATO reservoir in one :)

Here's a shot of mine, shortly after finishing the stand.
Mosaic1.jpg

OP
OP
jeff60gcube

jeff60gcube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Love the distressed stand. I have the same tank, also with a custom stand, though a bit of a different concept. I also had a much larger system, in the more distant past. I was out of the reef game for over a decade, when I came back with this one, what, a little over a year and a half back. I hope you're happy with the little Eshopps sump, one of the reasons I built my stand as I did was to give me enough room for a slightly larger sump, and a bit of room for other equipment. Those smaller side boxes are sure to help with yours... I'd be thinking of an ATO reservoir in one :)

Here's a shot of mine, shortly after finishing the stand.
Mosaic1.jpg
Yes sir that's the intention is to use one side for a ATO. Great looking setup you have there.

DipSpit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, man. Clean and simple!

Glad to see someone else holding down the cube reef! Looking forward to updates.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back