72x30x18 DIY build thread

Lights ready for phyto
PXL_20240617_210855649.jpg
 
@MERKEY how much Cipro do you broad dose tank with?

During torch care protocol
Here's what most do, I got this from a thread here.

Making concentration for dosing intank.
Add 500mg tablet into 50ml of tank water.

Calculate how much
(Amount tank water in liters) multiple by (.125) divide by 10. In mL.

for example
284 liters x .125 divide 10= 3.55 mL

What I did was 1000ml crushed and dissolved with tank water and put through filter sock, in roughly 220g.

Make sure lights are off.
 
That outta help keep your PH stable too... ;) :)
I was thinking about... running a line outside. but meh. the 24/7 sump fuge and skimmer with a scrubber seems to do a pretty good job.

maybe i should stop farting next to the tank
 
First cipro bath initiated

I dont have a coral dip with it, or a revive/microbacter7

I do plan to run iodine tomorrow for 4 hours before readding to the tank, full tank treatment will begin tonight when lights go out.

The Achilles Tang (unnamed so far) is one of the crew. Yesterday everyone was beating him up. Today a happy swimmer!
 
First cipro bath initiated

I dont have a coral dip with it, or a revive/microbacter7

I do plan to run iodine tomorrow for 4 hours before readding to the tank, full tank treatment will begin tonight when lights go out.

The Achilles Tang (unnamed so far) is one of the crew. Yesterday everyone was beating him up. Today a happy swimmer!
Gosh darn, now I want another tang and/or wrasse.
Good luck with the dips I'm rooting for you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new