75 Gallon Stock List

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! First post here figured id finally join in with the conversations. :)

I am currently planning my Waterbox 105.4 and trying to put some deep planning and research into it all as im trying to have this tank last years on years!
I have spent years doing Nano tanks, currently a waterbox 20 cube and 25 pen.

So..
My thought for the 75 gallon..

2 Clownfish
Royal Grammar
Dragonet
Bristletooth Tang
Coral Beauty -- Not 100% on this one.

Im trying to keep the stocking list not at max.
Any thoughts and tips on this.

I do culture my own photo and copepods.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stocking list is pretty good and you get a variety or color and characteristics in each fish.

I too want to add either a coral beauty or a flame angel to my upgrade but not 100% on these as they are a 50/50 on reef safe. I think I am going to take the gamble as I see a lot of success with them in reef tanks and love the way they look. And they are perfect for that size tank.

I also would just make sure you have enough pods in the tank for the dragonet which you did mention you culture so sounds like you got it covered and are ready to go. Have you decided on if you want a wild or aquacultured dragonet?

OP
OP
AmyBolton

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stocking list is pretty good and you get a variety or color and characteristics in each fish.

I too want to add either a coral beauty or a flame angel to my upgrade but not 100% on these as they are a 50/50 on reef safe. I think I am going to take the gamble as I see a lot of success with them in reef tanks and love the way they look. And they are perfect for that size tank.

I also would just make sure you have enough pods in the tank for the dragonet which you did mention you culture so sounds like you got it covered and are ready to go. Have you decided on if you want a wild or aquacultured dragonet?
Thank you!
Yes, im hoping to put the dragonet in last after awhile to make sure its good to go also.
Im going to probably pay for the aquacultured dragonet if im correct in thinking that would be the better option just in case.
Honestly the dragonet is my must have, I love how they look!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like good choices and variety.

Centropyge angels can be hit or miss in a Reef tank.

I had a Flame back that was a model citizen for several months but all the sudden developed a taste for my Scolys. He had to get re homed. Not a easy task sometimes.

Good luck and create a Build Thread when you start!

OP
OP
AmyBolton

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like good choices and variety.

Centropyge angels can be hit or miss in a Reef tank.

I had a Flame back that was a model citizen for several months but all the sudden developed a taste for my Scolys. He had to get re homed. Not a easy task sometimes.

Good luck and create a Build Thread when you start!
Thank you! And I plan too, im going to start on a HNSA aqua scape soon so I will start the thread then :)
Do you have any recommendations besides the Angel? Honestly I wasn't super sold on those yet, I was just thinking I probably wanted 1 more fish ontop of those others listed and just no wrasses

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! And I plan too, im going to start on a HNSA aqua scape soon so I will start the thread then :)
Do you have any recommendations besides the Angel? Honestly I wasn't super sold on those yet, I was just thinking I probably wanted 1 more fish ontop of those others listed and just no wrasses

Pygmy Cherub angel is probably most Reef Safe

A tri of Firefish. Purple are cool

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why no wrasses?
I would personally add a Halichoeres species if you have a sand bed. If you don’t have a sand bed is add a Pink Streak Wrasse if you can find one. This is if you want the pest eating diet.

If you just want the colours then I’d be added a Paracheilinus species if the tank is 4’ or longer. If the tank is 3’ then I’d add a Cirrhilabrus species.
If you have a sand bed but don’t need the pest eating diet then I’d add a Macropharyngodon species oran anampses species later down the line.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Yes, im hoping to put the dragonet in last after awhile to make sure its good to go also.
Im going to probably pay for the aquacultured dragonet if im correct in thinking that would be the better option just in case.
Honestly the dragonet is my must have, I love how they look!
Yeah they look pretty special, if I cultured my own pods I would definitely have one too.

Yeah, the aquacultured one is a bit more expensive but if I am correct they are easier to take care of because they can eat frozen or other foods more commonly than the wild caught ones which most of the time will only go on a pod diet.

OP
OP
AmyBolton

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why no wrasses?
I would personally add a Halichoeres species if you have a sand bed. If you don’t have a sand bed is add a Pink Streak Wrasse if you can find one. This is if you want the pest eating diet.

If you just want the colours then I’d be added a Paracheilinus species if the tank is 4’ or longer. If the tank is 3’ then I’d add a Cirrhilabrus species.
If you have a sand bed but don’t need the pest eating diet then I’d add a Macropharyngodon species oran anampses species later down the line.
I don't want them to outcompete with dragonet for copepods, I like the idea of my dragonet too much haha

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want them to outcompete with dragonet for copepods, I like the idea of my dragonet too much haha
Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus won’t outcompete a dragonet, in fact they don’t even eat pods.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i have seen my P. Carpenteri eat pods from the wall and i know my firefish does as well.
They may eat them when they’re added however they don’t normally peck from the rockwork.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back