7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo…

Good Stuff:

Benny the Starry Blenny has integrated himself into the Borg Cube and he is so perfect. I don’t know if he’s eating any algae, but he IS doing the very important job of looking like a cute, grumpy little old man and telling the clownfish to get off his lawn.

Jenny the Turbo Snail, his lovely life partner, has dedicated herself to cleaning the rocks, unlike her slacker counterpart Indy the Turbo Snail who lurks on the back plastic.

The plank Autofeeder works great and it seems like a lot less good is just going into the overflow.

I’ve gotten back to working out regularly and meal prepping.

Bad Stuff:

Hubby has kind of given up on himself. He’s not taking his meds regularly and drops out of contact for days at a time. I’m not really sure what, if anything, I can do at this point. Please send some good thoughts/energy his way.

In much more minor bad, because I’m back to lifting weights, every muscle is sore from the past week.

Phosphates are still really low in the tank. My salifert test still shows it at 0.25

And best shot I could get of Benny recently:
IMG_7776.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Soooo…

Good Stuff:

Benny the Starry Blenny has integrated himself into the Borg Cube and he is so perfect. I don’t know if he’s eating any algae, but he IS doing the very important job of looking like a cute, grumpy little old man and telling the clownfish to get off his lawn.

Jenny the Turbo Snail, his lovely life partner, has dedicated herself to cleaning the rocks, unlike her slacker counterpart Indy the Turbo Snail who lurks on the back plastic.

The plank Autofeeder works great and it seems like a lot less good is just going into the overflow.

Bad Stuff:

Hubby has kind of given up on himself. He’s not taking his meds regularly and drops out of contact for days at a time. I’m not really sure what, if anything, I can do at this point. Please send some good thoughts/energy his way.

In much more minor bad, because I’m back to lifting weights, every muscle is sore from the past week.

Phosphates are still really low in the tank. My salifert test still shows it at 0.25

IMG_7776.jpeg
Sorry about your husband. Sometimes men just need a good cheerleader, other times we need a slap in the face or kick in the pants.

Glad the tank is going good though!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo…

Good Stuff:

Bad Stuff:

IMG_7776.jpeg
Positive supportive MOJO on the way.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking better today. I have a line on a free Devil’s finger leather coral, so hopefully I’ll be able to add that.
IMG_7783.jpeg
that was my first coral too! be prepared for hundreds of tiny frag all over the tank!

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could make a recommendation. Brightwell neonitro is what I used when I was fighting dinos to get my nitrates up. Cheap and avail on Amazon. OR more fish poo.
The clownfish are little piglets. They’re always begging for more food and now that it’s not going down the overflow, maybe I should actually feed a little more.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday evening, I stopped by a local reefer’s house to oogle her gorgeous tanks and pick up the results of some of her weeding. I got a devil’s finger leather and a couple of different zoas she warned me were weeds.
IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

Crappy pictures, but the zoas are mostly purple with a couple of vibrant green that snuck in. These all were things she was pruning out in her display tanks and was kind enough to offer up for free on a local reefing group.

I continue to struggle with the gross, stringy algae. I’m going to hold off doing anything drastic and test again today. I also sent off an ICP test yesterday. If I’m still fighting it in another week, I might look into GFO to lower my phosphates.

Happy Tuesday!
IMG_7799.jpeg

Showing my ugly stage in the hopes it will one day make a great comparison!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday evening, I stopped by a local reefer’s house to oogle her gorgeous tanks and pick up the results of some of her weeding. I got a devil’s finger leather and a couple of different zoas she warned me were weeds.
IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

Crappy pictures, but the zoas are mostly purple with a couple of vibrant green that snuck in. These all were things she was pruning out in her display tanks and was kind enough to offer up for free on a local reefing group.

I continue to struggle with the gross, stringy algae. I’m going to hold off doing anything drastic and test again today. I also sent off an ICP test yesterday. If I’m still fighting it in another week, I might look into GFO to lower my phosphates.

Happy Tuesday!
IMG_7799.jpeg

Showing my ugly stage in the hopes it will one day make a great comparison!
I'm hesitate to use anything like GFO in the early stages of a tank. I'm not saying you shouldn't.. thats just me. I like my tank to figure out its way, or use natural methods first. I'm also a nervous reefer, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Im sure there there are lots of people that would say the opposite. Your P04 is definitely on the high side though.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back