DiveLife

DiveLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I believe my sand bed is about 1.5 inches deep
Sounds good! Although I have heard that firefish will fight unless they are bonded pair. Also for the wrasse you could try a yellow coris wrasse if you are willing to have a slightly deeper sandbed at least at the back.

OP
OP
DiveLife

DiveLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Acanthurus coeruleus be too much for my tank?
if you want 2 tangs i would do Ctenochaetus and purple but purples can be mean so i would add it as your second tang mine chases my wrasse and Midas blenny about sometimes. Nearly every 1 in the world would advise against getting a powder blue for a 90 gallon but it works for me for now

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. A tomini tang with a zebrasoma would be a better size option.
IMO this is a bad idea as stated before - Yellow Tangs get way too aggressive and swim too much for a 4’ tank. Personally I wouldn’t do it but other people say they aren’t too bad for 4’ tanks.

OP
OP
DiveLife

DiveLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO this is a bad idea as stated before - Yellow Tangs get way too aggressive and swim too much for a 4’ tank. Personally I wouldn’t do it but other people say they aren’t too bad for 4’ tanks.
I'm thinking the whitetailed bristletooth tang. After doing research and looking at them they definitely are a unique fish and beautiful looking. Your thoughts?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the whitetailed bristletooth tang. After doing research and looking at them they definitely are a unique fish and beautiful looking. Your thoughts?
In a 90 that would work as it’s a smaller bristletooth tang. I love my blue eye kole (Ctenochaetus binotatus) more than a White tail though, that’s just because Binotatus will display different patterns and colour shades throughout the day. Here’s just some of the patterns I’ve witnessed:
B8708B94-FBBC-4168-9DC6-233849D3ECFA.jpeg
5E03BE80-DF71-4868-B78B-AEED97B46398.jpeg
FFB4F4CE-5F2F-48AB-9317-1B76E6011291.jpeg
2D9A88A5-C64A-438C-9A7C-AC97558778DB.jpeg

OP
OP
DiveLife

DiveLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 90 that would work as it’s a smaller bristletooth tang. I love my blue eye kole (Ctenochaetus binotatus) more than a White tail though, that’s just because Binotatus will display different patterns and colour shades throughout the day. Here’s just some of the patterns I’ve witnessed:
B8708B94-FBBC-4168-9DC6-233849D3ECFA.jpeg
5E03BE80-DF71-4868-B78B-AEED97B46398.jpeg
FFB4F4CE-5F2F-48AB-9317-1B76E6011291.jpeg
2D9A88A5-C64A-438C-9A7C-AC97558778DB.jpeg
Several colorations for sure. I guess I'm starting to get narrowed in on one specific fish for once. I'm my small aquarium that wasn't the case. So I'm trying to do what's right. Either way a beautiful fish for sure

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several colorations for sure. I guess I'm starting to get narrowed in on one specific fish for once. I'm my small aquarium that wasn't the case. So I'm trying to do what's right. Either way a beautiful fish for sure
Totally - I think from the unique colours you should go with the White Tail. I haven’t really cared for one as I have the Twin Spot but I have seen 7-8 in the past 3 years, they’re beautiful in the LFS even when pale and the more settled they are the deeper the red will get (I’ve heard it described as a Maroon colour).
I have thought about it but dang, I’ve seen some chaetodontoplus juveniles and they’re beautiful (Still trying to stop myself from going back to the LFS I was at last Sunday and grabbing that C. melanosoma). That’s an idea actually, if you don’t mind money then the smaller Chaetodontoplus species could be a potential idea.
I cant even lie, I once thought I had a White tail appear in my tank randomly when I saw the light red colour. The tail was a deep yellow and the body was a beautiful red with white patterns, really caught me off guard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiveLife

DiveLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally - I think from the unique colours you should go with the White Tail. I haven’t really cared for one as I have the Twin Spot but I have seen 7-8 in the past 3 years, they’re beautiful in the LFS even when pale and the more settled they are the deeper the red will get (I’ve heard it described as a Maroon colour).
I have thought about it but dang, I’ve seen some chaetodontoplus juveniles and they’re beautiful (Still trying to stop myself from going back to the LFS I was at last Sunday and grabbing that C. melanosoma). That’s an idea actually, if you don’t mind money then the smaller Chaetodontoplus species could be a potential idea.
I cant even lie, I once thought I had a White tail appear in my tank randomly when I saw the light red colour. The tail was a deep yellow and the body was a beautiful red with white patterns, really caught me off guard.
Also a beautiful fish. I honestly wish my lfs had a few "good" fish but my lfs' aren't that great "basic" fish so I will have to go out of my area. Always good to keep an eye on the tank. I made the mistake of going a week and things went crazy.

Back