A blue nano fish.....

JackBauer24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a 20 gallon long tank with 2 clowns, firefish, gramma, and yellow goby. I have very strong filtration, tank parameters are great, everyone is peaceful. I just have no blue color in their.
I know I am already pushing it with the amount of fish I have, but just feel like I can have one more if its the right fish. Particularly a blue colored fish. Im not sure if a damsel would be too aggressive; cleaner wrasses are cool but I heard some have been unlucky; what do you all recommend??

jjrambo124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springeri damsel. Vivid blue and very peaceful, They are all good for pest control. I just cannot remember which pest they control. have fun, Mike
I am eyeing those, they are so beautiful. I just don’t know if it will be to crammed and they’ll turn aggressive towards others.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of the aforementioned fish are great options, but your tank is full as is. Just about every territory has been filled, and as the clowns mature they are likely going to decide that you have too many fish and potentially start thinning it out themselves.

JohnNYC8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the neon blue goby. They only get 1-2" so it's a great nano tank fish. The only downside is they don't live long (I've read 1-2 years) and you can only add one without having them fight. Mine hangs out on the rocks all day waiting for fish to come by to clean.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
neon blue goby would be a good fit for your tank. Thats a full tank already, not really room for another 3"-4" fish.

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Springeri can help control flatworms/planaria

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon Gobies are a good little fish. Springeri are really mellow damels. I have kept them for years - in bigger tanks packed with fish - and they are always well behaved.

Not a bright blue but a dark midnight blue is the Randall's Assessor - These are great fish that similar to your gramma like to hang out inverted or vertically along the rock work.

All of these fish are small fish and would not be a huge impact on your biological filtration load of your system.

Dave B

jjrambo124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neon Gobies are a good little fish. Springeri are really mellow damels. I have kept them for years - in bigger tanks packed with fish - and they are always well behaved.

Not a bright blue but a dark midnight blue is the Randall's Assessor - These are great fish that similar to your gramma like to hang out inverted or vertically along the rock work.

All of these fish are small fish and would not be a huge impact on your biological filtration load of your system.

Dave B
Thanks so much for this reply Dave. Randall’s look amazing but a little too pricey for me . Do you think I’ll be cramming the tank if I added a Springers damsel? Here’s picture of tank and all inhabitants out swimming:

Attachments

• IMG_5054.jpeg
    IMG_5054.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 41

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back