A Reef2Reef Spotlight "Scolymia" (Scoly)

I feed em small chunks of table shrimp and mysis...
u7ugu4ur.jpg
gyva5ezy.jpg

Here he is just finishing up that chunk
y9a6a2y3.jpg
 
Last edited:
ok cool I got one from a friend and It is a little bleached out I am getting a little of green comming back
 
Mine opens up to feed when the lights go out and I usually feed in the morning before the lights come back on. I feed mysis -- just squirt them right into the tentacles.

Few pictures under different lighting:



 
Here's mine. I just got it yesterday. It's a little fella and color is all dull. I took the pic last night. It is already starting to color up with some orange in it with only one helping of LPS pellets!
_DSC0008.jpg
 
Hey you got it!!! YEA!!

QUOTE=Connie;1399697]Here's mine. I just got it yesterday. It's a little fella and color is all dull. I took the pic last night. It is already starting to color up with some orange in it with only one helping of LPS pellets!
_DSC0008.jpg [/QUOTE]
 
Take a tiny piece of shrimp and place it on the center. Turn off flow so that it won't blow off. Leave it and he should take it. He'll be hungry.
 
If he's not going into "feed mode" while you're awake or just unable to observe they will take food happily by it being placed on the surface.
 
I NEED to get a good Camera, My phones not cutting it.. You guys All have some Beautiful Scolys!! They just might be my favorite Corals!!
 
Awesome and informative thread!

Here are both of mine. Each have two mouths. Scored both for $110 total!


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375369903.432499.jpg


ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375370096.964895.jpg

I know this one is not in best shape. It is 10x better than when I got it. (The second mouth is just as bit and on the other side.)
 
Great scolys!
 
Nice scoly's. other than feeding, light and flow. Any other advice on keeping it healthy and happy?
 
Mine is doing terrible! Not fleshy and skeleton protruding. Got it about a month ago through mail. Didn't look good to begin with. it eats when I put food on its mouth but isn't making a come back. I've moved it into a couple different tanks to see if it'd do any better and even put it closer to light but nothing seems to be working. Have t5 light water quality good
 
A couple of unanswered questions, I've herd in the wild they can get quite large, I forget (Google may help) but I just remember when I was told how big they can get I was shocked. Do they need to be fed....I would say so. I mean Givin the price and color brightness, I'm not gonna starve mine and "see what happens" all I know is when I put my hand in the tank, tentacles come out. It happily accepts food day or night. They are expensive but I tell u what, not only is it one of the brightest corals in my tank, like seriously catches your eye from across the room it is the most interesting and entertaining coral I have. Everyday when I turn on the lights I'm excited to see what shape it decided to be . Not saying everyday it's a new one but it's shown me new position enough to keep me interested in anticipation. I'll post the pics :) it's been a happy easy coral since day one for me, on the substrate under t5s... I feed it here and there and god bless it.. I love that thing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new