A year into Reefing, and finally a hello

KindaAntisociaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm a bit late on my greeting as I had formally joined R2R last year, but have been a long time lurker prior. I wanted to start becoming more of a presence in the forum and network with other hobbyists as well. I had been a freshwater hobbyist since I was about 11 years old. After initial success in keeping fish, I dove neck-deep into planted aquaria and lived there for years. As of last year, I decided to try my hand at reefing. I can't lie and say I wasn't terrified and excited all at once. My mother had a larger reef system when I was very young and I was hit with the stories of " it's so hard to upkeep, much more involved than freshwater." So, naturally, I had been scared off of the idea for a LONG time.

So here we go, last June I purchased a Waterbox 20 cube kit and started from square one. Using live black sand and several lbs of dry rock and came up with this. I then added a CUC and later, 2 mocha-gladiator clowns. This was the process with my first 2 purchases: the lonely taro tree and candy cane coral back in 2019.

reef rock.jpg

A few days ago was the 1 year birthday of this tank and I wanted to share my experience and the progress of the tank. As you can see I get a little carried away with my coral purchases XD, but I love this tank like a child and wanted to share it and see what everyone thought!

Happy Reefing

-Nick

origin.jpg

Livestock:
2 Mocha Gladiator clowns
Yellow-banded possum wrasse
Helfrich Firefish
blue leg hermits
dwarf ceriths
astrea snails
1 ultra rock flower

Corals:
Favia (cookies and cream, Alien eye), Hammer (green splatter, blue/purple), Frammer, Duncans (lavender, green), Taro Tree leather, Rainbow montipora, Orange montipora palawanensis, White polyp, toadstool, Green Florida Richordia, Leptoseris (acid rain, blood orange), Bicolor candycane Acan (juicy fruit, flame, blue neon,rainbow) Yellow Birdsnest, Rainbow Rhodactis mushroom, Meteorshower Cyphastrea,
Zoas (utter chaos, Petroglyphs, pink zipper, magician, decorated giraffes, one I can't remember, Jarvis, Boom asteroids, Dragon eyes)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice..:cool:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back