AAA dragon 360g zeovit staghorn dominate reef

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2014
Messages
2,578
Reaction score
3,637
Location
Irvine, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, let me introduce my self my name is Anthony from socal. I have been addicted to reef/salt water since 1983. I have kept many different tank and the current set up is a 265g leemar. I'm moving to a new house and I told my wife it's going to be difficult to move a 265g glass aquarium so she said then buy a new one lol....but her demand is it's has to be a focus of the new house so need to be nice and custom.
The new reef will be a spectacular 96"x36"x24" acrylic peninsula on a custom steel white stand with RE dream box design custom sump from John at Advance Acrylic. I have seen many different tank but his tank is exceed all of my expectation. Since I go all in with the tank, stand and sump I will do the same with equipment.
I like montipora and meat corals so this tank will be dominate by those 2 gene. Here are some sneak peak of what to come in Feb........
sump.jpg
tank.jpg
sump.jpg
tank.jpg
sump.jpg tank.jpg
 
Wow, can't wait to see how this gets going!
 
so far I have been collecting equipment for this tank some old some new but this time it will be high tech.
I want to automate 90% of the task so all I have to do is cleaning the acrylic.
The heart of the reef tank will be an Apex neptune
Flow will be 2 MP40QD, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 sea swirl return flow with a red dragon 80w pump.
Calcium reactor is a GEO 624 with cole palmer 7250-70 brushless motor
Water change is done by neptune dos
Cal and Mag are dose by 2nd dos
Skimmer is Bubble King super marin 250
1/2 tradewind chiller
2x500w titanium heater run by ranco temp controller
GFO is run by GEO 420 white reactor
Carbon is run by 2nd GEO 420 white reactor
Zeolite is run by MRC reactor
Aqua UV 40 watt
wave line DC10000ii running the manifold,UV and chiller.
2x55g RODI and salt water mixing.
8xkessil 360we and 2 blue actinic LED
Also different module from Apex like AFS, WXM,PM2, Break out box, Avast ATO.....

After seeing John from Advance Acrylic at reef palloza we decide to do custom round corner and round top and possible the first white back with white overflow to match the sump and stand. I can't wait until Feb 1 to pick up the tank and stand to start so I can transfer my current tank over.

that's pretty much most of the equipment that I will use for this project
 
Looking forward to your build. I saw John's sumps at RAP. They look killer. Was that your sump he had at the show?
 
so far I have been collecting equipment for this tank some old some new but this time it will be high tech.
I want to automate 90% of the task so all I have to do is cleaning the acrylic.
The heart of the reef tank will be an Apex neptune
Flow will be 2 MP40QD, 2 Tunze 6105 and 2 sea swirl return flow with a red dragon 80w pump.
Calcium reactor is a GEO 624 with cole palmer 7250-70 brushless motor
Water change is done by neptune dos
Cal and Mag are dose by 2nd dos
Skimmer is Bubble King super marin 250
1/2 tradewind chiller
2x500w titanium heater run by ranco temp controller
GFO is run by GEO 420 white reactor
Carbon is run by 2nd GEO 420 white reactor
Zeolite is run by MRC reactor
Aqua UV 40 watt
wave line DC10000ii running the manifold,UV and chiller.
2x55g RODI and salt water mixing.
8xkessil 360we and 2 blue actinic LED
Also different module from Apex like AFS, WXM,PM2, Break out box, Avast ATO.....

After seeing John from Advance Acrylic at reef palloza we decide to do custom round corner and round top and possible the first white back with white overflow to match the sump and stand. I can't wait until Feb 1 to pick up the tank and stand to start so I can transfer my current tank over.

that's pretty much most of the equipment that I will use for this project

I like the idea of the whole tank including the white overflow
 
Looking forward to your build. I saw John's sumps at RAP. They look killer. Was that your sump he had at the show?
Yes it is. Most of the sump on the market is very narrow I want wider so I can easily fit my bubble king skimmer plus 3 reactor so the sump is 30"wide
 
I love all the cord management, doser tube 5 total and 5 different size of pipe return so I can accommodate most of my equipment
 
I have 8 kessils 360 we to start with 4 on each side mount on a t slot light rack with the articulate mount so I can angle the light inward. I also have 2 30" ocean revive in the middle mainly for blue light suplement I want open aquascape so at least 6 inch all side with be no rock
 
Have sometime to work on the light rack today. Simple t-slot modular.
20161123_091346.jpg
 
Since my theme is the RE dream design, I design my tank with a white back and overflow. The steel stand and sump are also white. All the edges of the tank are rounded corner so no sharp edge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new