About tomato clownfish.

r.bergonia19

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
374
Reaction score
61
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new tomato clown from a trade with my friend.
Tomato clown is about 1.5-2 inches and I want to get 2 snowflake clownfish.
My question is can I mix them all together?
 
Tomatoe clowns will corner most unagressive fish and constantly attack them.

Lionfish is a good companion lol
 
While I have heard and seen "harem" tanks that break the "only two clowns per tank" rule, I have not heard of successfully mixing the more docile species with the more agressive species, and the Tomato is probably at, or very near, the top of the aggressive clown scale.

How big is the tank, as asked earlier. I have no idea how much territory a tomato clown considers belonging to it, but I still don;t think it is adviable to mix the two.
 
There is definitely no way to make it work in a 20 gallon tank. I had 2 tomatoes in a 30 gallon by themselves. They were fine with me, but I didn't trust them with anything else.
 
I don't know what you traded him but he got the best deal because that thing will kill every fish you put in your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new