Acan coral deflates if not feed

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding? Any pictures of before and after?

The head should slowly pull the food in towards the center of the head to its mouth. Also they prefer meaty foods, so if you’re blasting it with reef chili or particle food I could see them shriveling up.

OP
OP
M

MickeysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding? Any pictures of before and after?

The head should slowly pull the food in towards the center of the head to its mouth. Also they prefer meaty foods, so if you’re blasting it with reef chili or particle food I could see them shriveling up.

I am using reef roids.

OP
OP
M

MickeysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t personally seen much of a feeding response from my acans when I’ve tried particle foods like reed roids.

Mine seem to love meaty offerings like small frozen shrimp. I’d save the roids for filter feeders and small polyp corals.

What water parameters do they like?

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine LRS frozen foods that I chop into fine pieces. All my LPS love it. I feed them every other day. For water parameters, alk at 8dkh, Ca 450ppm, Mg 1400ppm. For light, they get around 100-150 PAR. I use a single XF150 at 50%, alternating every 10 seconds. This provides my LPS with moderate to strong flow. With all this, my acan has boomed as well as all my LPS in general.

dbp99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very common for this to happen. They can both send out their little sweepers and other time shrink back in. I've notice feeding when lights are going down they will shrink in and feeding during day sweepers are out. Just my observations.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back