ACRO IDs PLEASE?

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these few corals since frags, was never told what they were and wonndered if anyone has a good educated guess?
(DOn't need to her the BS that no one can tell without an electron microscope and all that.)

My Guess was A. suharsonoi? But mine has polyps up the branch not just on he end? But the way it looks it is going every polyp seem to be growing into a branch?

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/images/suharsonoi.JPG
DSC01651.jpg

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/images/fragredbluetipmil.jpg YES?
DSC01655.jpg

This one I have no Clue?
DSC01654.jpg

This was sold as Aquarium Red City Milli? Yes?
DSC01658.jpg

Thanks for the Help Guys and Gals,
Brent

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think that first one is the suharsonai. i'm pretty sure the coralites on the suharsonai are pretty large, and yours look pretty small. not sure what yours is, but it looks pretty cool.

2nd one does look like a milli

3rd one i have no clue, but it looks like the same species as the ORA german blue polyp acro (no idea what the species of that is though).

4th one is a milli, but it can't be called the aquarium city red milli unless you know it came from that lineage IMO. sure there may be other red milli's out in the ocean, but dont name it after a lineage that it didnt come from...JMO.

OP
OP
BigBadZoaDaddy

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wel the milli came from scooby doo. a soon to be frag farmer donater? And he sold it to me as such? SO I assume it was? Just wanted a second opinion?
Thanks
BBZD

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Could be a granulosa or loripes.

2. Looks more like a stag of some sort. Mille tips tend to be more rounded off than square, but really need a better pic to tell.

3. Too small still to ID.

4. mille

Its really hard to ID maricultured acros when they're small because they change so much as they grow out. I have spent hours in the past hunting through Veron's and still not being any wiser. lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back