Adding a second Lion

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fuzzy dwarf in a 75 gallon tank with 2 snowflake eels, CBB and a 2 spot tang.
2020060909062468-5460813082086112216-IMG_2706-M.jpg

I am wondering if I add a second lion if it matters if I get another fuzzy or if I can/should get a different kind like a zebra or Mombasa.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to add another lion, it would be a different species. When mature, males will fight each other vehemently, it would be safer to add a zebra or mombasa. It appears the fuzzy you have now is too small to accurately sex. To be safe you would want a male/female pair, and to accurately sex they would need to be at least 4.5". While males of different species may fight, it would be more of a scrabble than a fight to the death.

The zebra is a heartier variety of lion, while the mombasa has a very dismal survival rate. Either way I highly suggest treatment with general cure in an observation tank.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to research but I would like to add a Fuzzy to my reef tank.
There is one at the LFS.

Just dont want it to eat all my fish, I know from past experience thet even if its to big they will still eat the fish.
Had a Black for some 12 years he was huge when he passed.
But that was a fish only tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back