Adding first fish after clowns - leopard Wrasse?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I have my stock list and the first two fish I am adding are some simple clowns. My list after that gets a bit difficult, and I'm wondering the best path forward. Should I add the butterfly or a leopard Wrasse first? Both can be difficult to qt/feed, but I'm prepared in that sense. The tank doesn't have any aptasia for the butterfly and I checked last night for pods, couldn't see any scatter from the rocks. Also, no algea. All of these facts make me hesitant to move forward with either fish. I was going to buy pods & chaeto to help the dt w pods. Maybe I just add the blenny first instead?

233g stock list

2x Clown (in QT now)
1x Copperband Butterflyfish
1x Lawnmower Blenny
4x Blue Chromis
4x Bartletts Anthias
1x Blotched Anthias
1x Bicolor Dottyback
1x Helfrichi Firefish

1x Leopard Wrasse
1x Timor Orange Dashed Wrasse
1x Moyer's Leopard Wrasse

1x Purple Firefish Goby
1x Bluespot Watchman Goby

1x Green mandarin

1x Yellow Tang
1x Purple Tang
1x Achilles Tang

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have placed fish in almost the exact order you listed and had no aggression issues minus the copperband. I bought some algae discs for the blenny while algae started to populate.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either should be fine. If you can find a leopard wrasse at an LFS that’s been there a few days and is eating that is best. They struggle to ship sometimes.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the firefish and watchman goby settled now when there a less fish to compete for food plus they will not interfere with the leopard wrasse and butterfly which should then be added after.

Back