Adding Marco Rocks to an existing setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jmonks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jmonks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
201
Reaction score
20
Location
Tampa, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to re-aquscape my tank and add some more rock. I was thinking of adding some pre-cured Marco Rocks. Does anybody see any problems with this?
 
I dont see any problem at all adding it all at once,since there is no die off,there is no cycle.There would be no issues I can see.
 
One of the local guys here said he had an algae bloom after he added some, anybody have any experience with this
 
Marco rocks still have dried die-off inside them. I would put them in a tub with old saltwater and run it for a couple of weeks....
 
You could also do a quick acid bath, then a soak in ro followed by keeping it in a container of saltwater if you want to make sure its clean.
 
Should be fine if done a little bit at a time though. If you want to add everything at once, maybe use the above techniques.
 
I would add it slow, I had a friend re scape with cured macro and he lost some corals, they still will go through a cycle
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new