Adding Starcki Damsel with Exquisite Firefish in a Nano Tank

BloopFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2019
Messages
798
Reaction score
587
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started up a Fluval Evo 13.5g nano tank with my partner. One of the fishes she really wants is a blue damselfish. She seems to like the Starcki damsel the most, but I am a bit wary because even though they are supposedly more peaceful than most damsels, I have heard they tend to get more aggressive as the get older. We already have a coral croucher and an exquisite firefish, and I was afraid of the firefish being stressed out to death (if not now, maybe later down the line) if we got the Starcki. I am confident they are compatible with each other, but not sure about the compatibility in a tank this small. Just wanted everyone else's two cent on this, especially from those who own this damsel.
 
I think it is a no go with the damsel. I do not really believe they get worse with age but the small tank size I believe this fish could be a problem from the start. I think they also get too big for that tank. I have had a starcki damsel for about 3 years now, but it is in a large tank so not comparable to your situation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new