Adding Starcki Damsel with Exquisite Firefish in a Nano Tank

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started up a Fluval Evo 13.5g nano tank with my partner. One of the fishes she really wants is a blue damselfish. She seems to like the Starcki damsel the most, but I am a bit wary because even though they are supposedly more peaceful than most damsels, I have heard they tend to get more aggressive as the get older. We already have a coral croucher and an exquisite firefish, and I was afraid of the firefish being stressed out to death (if not now, maybe later down the line) if we got the Starcki. I am confident they are compatible with each other, but not sure about the compatibility in a tank this small. Just wanted everyone else's two cent on this, especially from those who own this damsel.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is a no go with the damsel. I do not really believe they get worse with age but the small tank size I believe this fish could be a problem from the start. I think they also get too big for that tank. I have had a starcki damsel for about 3 years now, but it is in a large tank so not comparable to your situation.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back