OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also cut one of the 3 power cord wires just to rule that out but unfortunately I did not realize that the ends where soldered. So now I am left with a black wire that has many tiny copper wires which was suppose to be left alone. I have a soldering kit so will just have to apply some to the tip so it goes into the ballast slot

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you connect the two yellow wires that are freely hanging in the picture? They are supposed to be connected, but the picture looks like they arent.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2017-12-4_17-18-56.png

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good observation.. lol... That was just an lose yellow wire laying around. I think I have it all connected right unless by chance the it makes a different I hookedup the red and blues to the left side of the tank.

Bonfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completed the identical project about a 1.5 ago. Just make sure you turn the touch keys on the radion off. When the T5 lights are on it causes the radions to power off and on unexpectedly.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have not got them to work! Like a clutts trying to troubleshoot I cut the black power cord wire not realizing its soldier. Another hobby of mine is Drones so i did purchase a soldiering kit last year (which I am not very skilled at), so I did do a so so job at making the wire tips soldiered.

Tomorrow I will completely re-wire the entire fixture and take pictures. If it does not work I will have to contact the manufacture. IMO I can't see anything wrong with the wiring I did that very carefully. I may have to look at unskrewing the end-caps of one side to see if its just not touching properly.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completed the identical project about a 1.5 ago. Just make sure you turn the touch keys on the radion off. When the T5 lights are on it causes the radions to power off and on unexpectedly.

Radions are hanging from the ceiling and not even touching the canopy so can't be the problem..

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh. 2 months later and finally got the T5 on. I thought about acclimating but you know what the heck with that. I used my PAR meter and measured the PAR with T5 on (which by the way was amazing since the radions don't register PAR unless facing strait up, with the T5 PAR was reaching the front,back, side, all around the coral). I will run the t5 at 6 hours per day and I have reduced my radion intensity from 75% to 50%. This keeps me about 10% in the range of what the tank is used to in PAR.
Tanks finally after 10 months is growing Montis and LPS so hopefully acros will follow along!

0206182013_HDR.jpg

0201181819b_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this T5 supplementation is going to make a difference. Based on the PAR reading compared to running just Radions the spread was just so much evenly distributed and complemented the radions light. Radions are a spotlight so good light coming from the top and t5 are angled 45Degrees so they will hit the front and back of the tank. Radions total intensity is 40% on AB+ and the PAR is 100-150 along the bottom, 200-350(inbetween the 2 radions). Will defiantly post back updates.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one thing I noticed with leds is more of a spotlight but with t5s the light reflects all around the tank better so with a combination it makes things a lot better.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one thing I noticed with leds is more of a spotlight but with t5s the light reflects all around the tank better so with a combination it makes things a lot better.

Yeah ,There is still some shading but i've taken notes of tanks with T5 and the growth of the SPS is different. Reminds me of why MH/T5 combo was the gold standard but LED/T5 may be just as effective. Lets see I hope I don't overdo the lighting I will monitor Alk consumption and if it slows down I'll have to reduce light intensity and t5 photoperiod.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan on just running the t5 6hr per day and reducing led intensity may be a risky move. Alk consumption is same but it just seems like to much light compared to the led alone. I'm gonna try 4 hrs then gradually increase photoperiod. I usually ran intensity 65% and now reduced to 50% on ab+.

Pic with t5 on their own

0206182000_HDR.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back