Adding two AI Blade Glows to Redsea Reef LED 90

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tuna Melt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tuna Melt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2023
Messages
289
Reaction score
210
Location
Manhattan
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I want to improve light coverage and distribution over my tank. I also want to get a bit more par down the edges of my acquascape and reduce some shading happening from growth. I have a Redsea ReefLED 90 which is a decent light but its a single and small origination point. I'm thinking of adding two, 12 inch AI blades. Given the spectrum of the ReefLED I was thinking adding some Glows to get a bit more of that UV spectrum. That being said I'm worried that adding them will make the tank too blue to the eye. Dont want to turn my apartment to a blacklight party!

Have people found these really impact the blueish appearance of the tank? Also has anyone added them to their ReefLED's?

I guess the other option is a totally new lighting system that is just a larger fixture with more coverage, not sure i want to go down that path though..
 
you can balance any "blacklight party" effect by tuning your main light to a more daylight spectrum. I did something similar with my display, I supllemented my Kessil AP9x with an Orphek OR3 blue bar. Check those out too, a bit more bang for your buck versus the blades. Some product links and photo below for your consideration...

Orphek OR3: https://amzn.to/3WmEp8U
Dimmer w/ free app control: https://amzn.to/3y2vpf2
Mounting Arm: https://amzn.to/3y4dqF6

1714573415435.png
 
you can balance any "blacklight party" effect by tuning your main light to a more daylight spectrum. I did something similar with my display, I supllemented my Kessil AP9x with an Orphek OR3 blue bar. Check those out too, a bit more bang for your buck versus the blades. Some product links and photo below for your consideration...

Orphek OR3: https://amzn.to/3WmEp8U
Dimmer w/ free app control: https://amzn.to/3y2vpf2
Mounting Arm: https://amzn.to/3y4dqF6

1714573415435.png
Got it thanks a lot. Yea I was thinking of that but I worry the Red Sea just doesn’t have enough white to get it done!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new