OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use GFO and this is my opinion only. I feel it strips phosphates too quickly. I switched out too Phosphate RX and usually drop a couple drops into my skimmer cup to reduce. You don't want to reduce more than .5 per 24 hours. I'll add 3 drops wait 24 hours, then add 3 more and so on. Then again, I'm running a small tank. What's you salinity at? Good Luck.
Thank u and my SG is @ 35ppt
May be the SG is to high ?

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple of screenshots of what my lights look like:
45percent.JPG

75percent.JPG
You only run 4 hours of full spectrum? When you run higher greens, does the tank look "brighter" to you? That wavelength (around that) is the one our eyes pick up the best.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only run 4 hours of full spectrum? When you run higher greens, does the tank look "brighter" to you? That wavelength (around that) is the one our eyes pick up the best.
I haven't run higher greens. This is WWC's schedule and has been working out good so far. TSA runs a very similar schedule.

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and yes I run full spectrum from 9am to 3pm and then down to blues only till 10pm

I try and get a pic of the schedule quick

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your TDS after your final stage in DI is 5???

if so, you should really have 0.0.
I been trying to get my money's worth from the DI , if had the ro icp in the past and was never bad , but still to sure I'm not adding silactes though the ro I will change all the di and filters tomorrow

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't run higher greens. This is WWC's schedule and has been working out good so far. TSA runs a very similar schedule.
Your schedule is 60% greens at 75% intensity, no?
I been trying to get my money's worth from the DI , if had the ro icp in the past and was never bad , but still to sure I'm not adding silactes though the ro I will change all the di and filters tomorrow
Don't skimp and squeeze money out this hobby; don't mess with your source water, it should be 10000000% clean.

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a trace element over dose ! And may be doubled up with acropower is feeding the algae more and more ??

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what pH levels your tank runs at throughout the day?

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what pH levels your tank runs at throughout the day?
I used to know with my Seneye ! And was about 8.4- 8.7 , but iv taken steps to lower the ph down to 8.3-8.4 ish by taking off the co2 scrubber !!
I know people want high ph but I'm not sure really high has any extra benefit

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at Your pictures I believe Your tank has low pH and to few water changes. The amount of fishes You have should feed 10 times more corals so it is strange that You dont have more PO4 and Nitrate. The tank looks like those values are much higher.
"I tried everything" is a very bad sign. Corals need stability. You should wait at least a month between changing the light settings or pump placing or flow.

I recommend an ICP test and new nitrate and phosphate tests to see if something is left from everything You tried.

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at Your pictures I believe Your tank has low pH and to few water changes. The amount of fishes You have should feed 10 times more corals so it is strange that You dont have more PO4 and Nitrate. The tank looks like those values are much higher.
"I tried everything" is a very bad sign. Corals need stability. You should wait at least a month between changing the light settings or pump placing or flow.

I recommend an ICP test and new nitrate and phosphate tests to see if something is left from everything You tried.
Here is some 14k pics right now so you can see a bit better with what the algae looks like !
It's not as bad in 14k but still I need to find out what's wrong ,
Ph wise I guess with out a seneye slide I can tell u atm but it's never been low , I had to take off the co2 scrubber because it was always reading a very high ph ! But may be its low now , and for water changes yes I do try and only do 10% a week !!
Would u think just more water changes would help me here ?

20191205_100023.jpg 20191205_100053.jpg 20191205_100105.jpg 20191205_100119.jpg 20191205_100152.jpg

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to fall out of love with my tank
What should I do ?

20191204_191849.jpg 20191204_191906.jpg 20191204_191913.jpg
hi David, you setup looks awesome . Is that the roller mat filter in your sump? I am jealous, man. You have tons of light and definitely enough flow. Maybe you should run some macro in the refugium if you haven’t already done so. I noticed a huge difference in my nano tank before and after i ran one. It was always 10-20 for n03 and I couldn’t get it down to the low level no matter what i do. Now i could barely detect it. ( btw, i also run carbon and GFO occasionally). Just my 2 cents worth. But don’t give up on your tank, you are doing great . Keep reefing !

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agreed with stigigemla, the test kits are for reference only and sometimes they are way off. You would need an ICP to really know your actually parameters. And i would suspect that your PO4 and NO3 would be a bit higher than your current test results. But don’t be despair. If that’s the case then You just need to to find a better way to export your nutrients and/or less feeding . There is so much to learn in this hobby. Keep reefing!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back