OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi David, you setup looks awesome . Is that the roller mat filter in your sump? I am jealous, man. You have tons of light and definitely enough flow. Maybe you should run some macro in the refugium if you haven’t already done so. I noticed a huge difference in my nano tank before and after i ran one. It was always 10-20 for n03 and I couldn’t get it down to the low level no matter what i do. Now i could barely detect it. ( btw, i also run carbon and GFO occasionally). Just my 2 cents worth. But don’t give up on your tank, you are doing great . Keep reefing !
Thanks and yes I'm going to keep battling with the algae !! But only until it starts growing in my radions because then I know iv lost the fight with it
If I see algae in the cooling fans then I will call it a day lol
I'm going to clean this system up today and stop adding the extra trace elements iv been adding and acropower, and just see what happens! I gave a tube of fish in here so the corals are getting food anyway , I just want a clean tank with coraline algae if possible

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and yes I'm going to keep battling with the algae !! But only until it starts growing in my radions because then I know iv lost the fight with it
If I see algae in the cooling fans then I will call it a day lol
I'm going to clean this system up today and stop adding the extra trace elements iv been adding and acropower, and just see what happens! I gave a tube of fish in here so the corals are getting food anyway , I just want a clean tank with coraline algae if possible
Hi David, yes, the priority should be in getting rid of those algae. It’s an indicator that something is a bit off. After you have done that your tank should stabilise then came the coraline, then came the growth for the sps! . Keep reefing!

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv just swapped out all the filters for new ones in the ro di , just so I can be sure it's not the water quality from silicate in the ro

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv also have had a good old clean up and changed my flow pattern and direction !! Seams to be more flow for less power heads and set on a plus setting , I'm thinking of going to by mp40s x3

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have any experience with this product?
Will it work on algae and green cyano too ??

1575555145527515383301008961121.jpg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it’s like Chemiclean, it works on cyano, and it killed the green form in my tank too. Previously I’ve used Chemiclean in my tanks without hesitation, but recently I used it again and was nervous because of all of my colonies. Thankfully nothing bad happened.

there are plenty who have used it successfully, but there are always risks.

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s like Chemiclean, it works on cyano, and it killed the green form in my tank too. Previously I’ve used Chemiclean in my tanks without hesitation, but recently I used it again and was nervous because of all of my colonies. Thankfully nothing bad happened.

there are plenty who have used it successfully, but there are always risks.
I will give it a try in the morning as it says only use when the lights are first on !
I will be buzzing if it clears up all the algae too

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still semi young, so that could be some of the issues. Depending on how you cycled it and where the live rock came from. I too would swap my lights over to the AB+ lighting program, it is proven to work and run it like it is designed. No need to reinvent the wheel at this stage.
then it’s just patience.

corey

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Works well. Blue life makes a good product(s). Bottles are tiny though

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u for everyones help and comments
Really good advice on reef2reef and a valuable ingredient for the Hobby

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of good advice here but what I haven’t seen is anyone tell you that sps take time to grow. Especially if the tank has not been stable. If sps go through a bunch of changes they will stall out for some time. It can be a few months or it could be a year+.

your tank is still young. I say find balance in your nutrients (get rid of the cyano) and stop messing with flow/light settings. Set it and forget it! Let the corals acclimate and they will grow.

Coral Euphoria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your TDS after your final stage in DI is 5???

if so, you should really have 0.0.
I have to agree. It really needs to be zero. 5 tds = 5 ppm of unknown molecules that you are regularly putting in your tank. The cost of DI is not much compared to other stuff, like sps frags these days.

OP
OP
D

David osborne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of good advice here but what I haven’t seen is anyone tell you that sps take time to grow. Especially if the tank has not been stable. If sps go through a bunch of changes they will stall out for some time. It can be a few months or it could be a year+.

your tank is still young. I say find balance in your nutrients (get rid of the cyano) and stop messing with flow/light settings. Set it and forget it! Let the corals acclimate and they will grow.
Here are the latest pics
Iv had a good clean up 2 days ago and there is like a brown dust on the sand bed again !

20191207_180135.jpg 20191207_180139.jpg 20191207_180222.jpg 20191207_180211.jpg

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will die off. A little patience. Or one large 100% water change to jump out ahead of the issue.

corey

Back