AI Hydra Translation of SPS AB+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What hight from the surface were your light mounted in the test?

I don't quite remember exactly, but my guess would be somewhere between 12"-20". Granted, for testing color spectrum height is likely less important than testing for PAR. The color of the light shouldn't change with height (unless testing just under the individual puck), but overall PAR will definitely change the further or closer you are. Unfortunately I didn't test PAR during this test, but a few posts back @Swav8tor shared some awesome PAR measurements for these similar settings.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't quite remember exactly, but my guess would be somewhere between 12"-20". Granted, for testing color spectrum height is likely less important than testing for PAR. The color of the light shouldn't change with height (unless testing just under the individual puck), but overall PAR will definitely change the further or closer you are. Unfortunately I didn't test PAR during this test, but a few posts back @Swav8tor shared some awesome PAR measurements for these similar settings.
And Chaswood79

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are par meters still available to rent from brs

Right now they are OOS, from either still out being rented or pending some better packaging solution to protect them. However, yep we do still plan to keep this alive because of how valuable they are to reefers. :)

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now they are OOS, from either still out being rented or pending some better packaging solution to protect them. However, yep we do still plan to keep this alive because of how valuable they are to reefers. :)

@randyBRS, I've been told for three weeks now that they were going to be available any day now. I have had my name on the list for almost 6 weeks with no reply. How long should we expect it to take until they are available. I sent you guys an email this morning with no response. Is the waiting list really 2+ months long?

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS, I've been told for three weeks now that they were going to be available any day now. I have had my name on the list for almost 6 weeks with no reply. How long should we expect it to take until they are available. I sent you guys an email this morning with no response. Is the waiting list really 2+ months long?
I was on the list for about a month. Returned it last week. So it just takes time depending on demand.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a AI Hydra thread but I have Primes and was able to translate the AB+, readings are below (par).

Was able to borrow a par meter from my lfs and mapped out my tank. I would like to try my hand at sps, but I love my lps and softies. How much light is too much for lps and softies and zoas?

IM 20 Fusion
MIGHTYJET MIDSIZE AIO DC RETURN PUMP (538 GPH)
2 AI Prime HD
Intank media basket
Intank fuge basket
Ghost skimmer
Tunze ATO
Vivid Creative Aquariums RFG

Lights are 10 inches above the water and are 9 inches apart.

I got readings for both saxby’s and BRS AB+

bc37af6c998924fd91f1e7ce4dd0f0af.jpg
f7c5d86fbf176b5f22c3664948dd053d.jpg
c1f7f458bb74c59f64a153d08ee7d750.jpg
319e5c73be22771f9072802656c53253.jpg
0f1fdc762519facb0e66e02e3d357c3b.jpg

Thank you so much for that! I have two primes the same height and spacing on my 170 and have been dying to know what my numbers are. You have solved the mystery. I have kept mine at 50% because of this now I know I can start working higher. Rockin

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the list for about a month. Returned it last week. So it just takes time depending on demand.

I have been on the list for 6 weeks. I was told by BRS on the phone that they send out emails when they get them in stock and it is first come first serve. I have been checking my email frequently for 6 weeks. The last time I called I was told that they were getting a bunch back in a couple of days and I should get an email then. That was over a week ago. I'm not sure BRS has this working very smoothly yet and I'm not sure that the representatives answering the phones really know what is going on with the rental program. I sent @BRS an email hoping to get a better idea of what was going on, but they haven't replied. I was hoping that @randyBRS would see this and help out with some better info.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super torn now. I like the bluer look of the Saxby schedule but I don’t want to neglect the corals by running my lights in such a way that I won’t be giving them the best spectrum with the AB+. I can’t decide weather to go back to the AB+ I was running. Any negatives with one over the other I wonder?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super torn now. I like the bluer look of the Saxby schedule but I don’t want to neglect the corals by running my lights in such a way that I won’t be giving them the best spectrum with the AB+. I can’t decide weather to go back to the AB+ I was running. Any negatives with one over the other I wonder?
You think saxby is bluer than ab+? Saxby looks waaaaaay too white for me. The last hour is kind of blue but so is the ab+. My acros have done much better with 1 consistent spectrum. The majority of those ai signature programs have multiple spectrum in a 10-12 period.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy to check par for you hydra users
I know it won’t be exact but it can give you an idea until y’all can rent the par meter

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The best thing you can do is pick something and stick with it for a while. If you like the AB+, then run that. If you like the Saxby schedule, run that. It is much more harmful to your corals to be constantly switching your lights than it is to pick a schedule and stick with it. You may need to add a light eventually, but if you look at the success people have had running different schedules, it seems to be more about consistency and par than the exact schedule they are running.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing you can do is pick something and stick with it for a while. If you like the AB+, then run that. If you like the Saxby schedule, run that. It is much more harmful to your corals to be constantly switching your lights than it is to pick a schedule and stick with it. You may need to add a light eventually, but if you look at the success people have had running different schedules, it seems to be more about consistency and par than the exact schedule they are running.

Roger that thanks

FLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many hydra 26s HD do you recommend over 180 gallon tank? Currently running three end to end.

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 hydra 52 HD’s over a 50 gallon cube but I can adjust them to your settings and wattage and give you an approximate
That would be awesome! My 26 HD are 12” over my 18” deep tank here’s the settings!

53932E67-377C-4240-8BBB-6B4CBFE16247.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back