AI Prime 16HD Settings Question (Can someone help explaining settings)

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if the community could help me out by explaining more in depth these settings. I've set my 2 AI Prime 16HD's up using the BRS settings. Although I've never learned much about my lights I was wondering if someone can explain this first photo more in depth and let me know if these settings are correct or should I adjust, and how should I do so if I need to.

Another question I have is, I love the more "purple" look my local reef store has rather then the more blue look. Should I just adjust the Blue/Royal settings to achieve that look? An employee told me the settings they use on there XR15 Lights are 45% Intensity / 15% Blue / 70% Purple / 20% Green / 20% Red

Id appreciate all feed back

Thank you!
1.png
3.png

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably also note I am running a 75G Tank with very few coral (1SPS & About 5 LPS) that are all still very small frags.

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t played around with making my own settings on my Prime 16 in my 29g. I have, however, been using some of the custom settings from one reefer listed on the AI website. I think my corals are enjoying it, but it hasn’t even been a full month yet.

What does your schedule look like?

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was going based off those settings.. from the AI Prime 16HD site.. Those settings were running 12-14 hours.. Someone told me that's way to long to be running (plus it was killing my PG&E Bill lol) Also was told those are for more established tanks.

Right now I'm at 4pm turn off at 12am. (Since I'm home at 4pm.. so i can enjoy the tank)

I also found a profile thats similar to Saxby's setting with BRS Settings but I can't figure out how to adjust it to 8 hours instead of 14 so I stopped using it.

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was going based off those settings.. from the AI Prime 16HD site.. Those settings were running 12-14 hours.. Someone told me that's way to long to be running (plus it was killing my PG&E Bill lol) Also was told those are for more established tanks.

Lighting has nothing to do with a tanks establishment. When you think of the term "established" it refers to the stability of the bio-system. At least that's what I limit it to. I will agree that some of the settings won't work for everyone, especially depending on how diversified your tank is. For example I was using Vazquez's settings for a bit, because I noticed she had a similar size tank and also was only running one PrimeHD. However, I noticed she didn't have any SPS (which I do), so I switched to Saxby's and I think my Bali, PC, and JF TNT have thanked me for it.

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also found a profile thats similar to Saxby's setting with BRS Settings but I can't figure out how to adjust it to 8 hours instead of 14 so I stopped using it.

Sorry I forgot to actually answer the question you asked. You can change the duration by changing sunrise and sunset time. So if you want 8 hours, starting at 4pm... You'll change sunrise to 4pm, and the sunset to 12pm.

Open application on your phone...
Select which system you want to edit...
Choose "Lighting" at the bottom...
Choose "EASY SETUP" in the middle of the screen all the way to the right...
"Sunrise" and "Sunset" are at the top of the screen...
Make sure to tap "Done"...when you're finished and not "Cancel".

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I forgot to actually answer the question you asked. You can change the duration by changing sunrise and sunset time. So if you want 8 hours, starting at 4pm... You'll change sunrise to 4pm, and the sunset to 12pm.

Open application on your phone...
Select which system you want to edit...
Choose "Lighting" at the bottom...
Choose "EASY SETUP" in the middle of the screen all the way to the right...
"Sunrise" and "Sunset" are at the top of the screen...
Make sure to tap "Done"...when you're finished and not "Cancel".
When I do this it no longer has each % that was set in the profile (which is why I changed it completely)

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain the picture on the left? the 20000K 100% one. What are these settings and what do they do? Maybe some recommendations for it.

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain the picture on the left? the 20000K 100% one. What are these settings and what do they do? Maybe some recommendations for it.
I wish I could…but honestly I’m not sure exactly what every element of that screen means. I think it’s just the simplified version of the page where you can adjust the sliders of every color. So if you change the colors individually and go back to that page it should look different.
Hopefully someone will chime in with more extensive PrimeHD experience.
When I do this it no longer has each % that was set in the profile (which is why I changed it completely)
Yeah unfortunately I don’t think there’s a way to modify a downloaded profile. I think your best bet is to write down the settings at each interval and then go in and manually set up your own profile.

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually lighting an nutrient have alot to do with each other he's right on a matured tank having more nutrient in the column thus more light.
it's always best in a new system to run lower light so if you like any of those schedules use them you can adjust the intensity up or down with 2 fingers or you can hover the timestamps an edit them as you like

DocRose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually lighting an nutrient have alot to do with each other he's right on a matured tank having more nutrient in the column thus more light.
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say here. Lighting has nothing to do with nutrient. Nutrient comes from the cycle of waste...which happens even with 0 light. You can have a FOWLR tank with no lighting (other than ambient) and have a mature system.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back