Aiptasia or xenia?

gingeramoeba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
21
Location
Kirkland
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! About a week ago I took over a 4 year established biocube 29g. Wondering if this is aptasia or xenia.

Water parameters:
Temp: 77F
Salinity: 1.026
pH: 8.2
Nitrites: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: 40 (they were 160 before a 50% water change and i’m still working on getting it down)
Phosphates: 4… (see above)
Calcium: 400ish
KH: 11

And yes, rocks/sand are covered in detritus. You should have seen it before. Also working on it.
IMG_7569.jpeg
IMG_7572.jpeg
IMG_7577.jpeg

Unfortunately, every time I try to upload a video on here it doesn’t work
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7578.mov
    6.8 MB
  • IMG_7579.mov
    15.9 MB
I hope you are right. I’ve got enough to deal with in this tank.
 
I’ve got quite a lot of them (10-15) scattered on this particular rock. They don’t have any stalk that I can tell.
 
Last edited:
I guess I will keep an eye on them and see what happens. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new