ALGAD/BACTERIA ID - CYANO?

ClownCakes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
6
Location
Roanoke
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, im trying to figure out if the red carpet algae/bacteria pictured is cyano or something else? Its got the color of cyano but the texture is different its not real slimy and if I mess with the rock only comes off if I scrape the rock will not come off with a turkey baster or simular. Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to all this. Thanks!

20250420_155246.jpg
 
Hey everyone, im trying to figure out if the red carpet algae/bacteria pictured is cyano or something else? Its got the color of cyano but the texture is different its not real slimy and if I mess with the rock only comes off if I scrape the rock will not come off with a turkey baster or simular. Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to all this. Thanks!

20250420_155246.jpg
Could be a red algae though my first guess would have been cyanobacteria based on the color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new