Algae fighting mistakes. We all make them and we all can learn from them.

  • Thread starter Thread starter randyBRS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I consider myself fortunate in that I knew all of those things except for the ability of bacteria to help defeat algae. However, after roughly 14 of being in the hobby, I guess it makes sense that I’d learn a few things over the years.

The two things I’ve always found to be the easiest and best solution is to have an algae refugium for nutrient export and several fish that eat algae in the display - just like what was mentioned in the video.
 
Did you make any of these mistakes when trying to solve your tank's algae problems?

Are you making any of them still? Here's our list of mistakes we've made and how we learned through them.


Amazing video,most instructive.
 
My very first mistake was listening to my fish guy I hired in 2006 to set up my first tank; he generated more algae and killed more things anything else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new