OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to the LFS to see if they could figure out what was wrong.

They spotted a serrated tail, said that spinal injury due to a ramming event is the most likely cause. Especially since I said he started swimming vertically two days ago.
It’s reassuring that they said I did nothing wrong. That it sounds like I’m doing everything right. However they don’t have a guarantee on their fish.
So, no discount on a future purchase or anything. Gonna go walk my dogs to try and clear my head. Still really upset about losing this guy.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to the LFS to see if they could figure out what was wrong.

They spotted a serrated tail, said that spinal injury due to a ramming event is the most likely cause. Especially since I said he started swimming vertically two days ago.
It’s reassuring that they said I did nothing wrong. That it sounds like I’m doing everything right. However they don’t have a guarantee on their fish.
So, no discount on a future purchase or anything. Gonna go walk my dogs to try and clear my head. Still really upset about losing this guy.
I'm really sorry, amazing how attached we can get in just a short time.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss, that's rough... Keep your head up knowing you did all you could for the guy.

What did the LFS mean by a "ramming event"? By what/who?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
and away she goes.. :)

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the other clown being aggressive.
I’m really sorry that you lost your fish. If I’m not mistaken, a “ramming event” is when a fish runs into something head first. This happens a lot of times when a fish tries to jump out of a tank and huts the lid. The impact can damage their back, and eventually cause them to die.
On a more happy note, I enjoyed reading the thread am excited to follow along.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
save your money,have tried couple diff ,gave away;)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the link posted

I just tried clicking on the photo and it worked for me!

@fishguy242 --- yessir. Screen is next.

Also amazon is back to next day deliveries. So guess who is setting up new lights tonight. (Me!--- too excited to let you guess)

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going well! Minus the clown of course.

I got two clowns that had been hanging out (just the two of them) in the store for a couple of weeks. Snowflake clowns. They have bonded up now and one is clearly the female.

I would get something for them to host before getting a second one. Mine host a 4 head frogspawn.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going well! Minus the clown of course.

I got two clowns that had been hanging out (just the two of them) in the store for a couple of weeks. Snowflake clowns. They have bonded up now and one is clearly the female.

I would get something for them to host before getting a second one. Mine host a 4 head frogspawn.

Thank you! I'm trying to go as slow as possible, but I am impatient sometimes. :)
I definitely will get another clown. But I am not confident in getting any corals yet. I still need to buy Mg, PO4, and NO3 test kits (I was using dip strips as a temporary since purchasing all test kits at once is easily over $100). I also need to get a second powerhead my current one is 1600GPH for a 90g.
Since it is a cube I heard gyres are great but ive also seen pretty great reviews on the Nero 5 and the hygger is pretty affordable and has random wave settings.
Once I get my test kits and water flow in check, I will add corals.

Baby steps for success :)

plus the longer I wait the more coraline I get.

Aggro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don’t think that would make it less stable? Also, is it safe to weld inside a house?
As long as you’re cutting the legs at the top most point under the top or bottom right above the base it’ll be fine don’t cut in the middle unless you plan to reword another plate over the cut because the potential of the welds folding are slim but there is a potential.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you’re cutting the legs at the top most point under the top or bottom right above the base it’ll be fine don’t cut in the middle unless you plan to reword another plate over the cut because the potential of the welds folding are slim but there is a potential.

You got some catching up to do ;)
But thank you!

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could it be????
image.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back