OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy fix for the future, Grab one of these and install it on your sink drain....
Thanks!!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!!

Any time, if you rent I would buy an extra RODI valve and install it on there as well then you can just close the valve when you move. If the renters ask or say anything just say they can add it as a rental feature that it's pretty plumbed for an RO drinking system ;Smuggrin

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

It’s like an emerald green and isn’t slimy but also isnt calcified

Last edited:
OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time, if you rent I would buy an extra RODI valve and install it on there as well then you can just close the valve when you move. If the renters ask or say anything just say they can add it as a rental feature that it's pretty plumbed for an RO drinking system ;Smuggrin

honestly I’ve been wanting to drill a hole thru thewall. The bathroom sink shares the wall the tank is on. There’s already a float value in my sump.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,good to sea ya,finally going to be able to get some rest? ;)
Good to see you! Yes! One more homework today, and cooking and cleaning the house in prep for friends coming over tomorrow. But I slept 10 hours last night. Much needed!

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question:

Is there a trick or a magical button to press in order to make my fish less timid?

The only ones that arent constantly hiding in the rockwork (sans feeding time) are my pink spot goby/fairy wrasse/and leopard wrasse

-scopas
-lemonpeel
- starry blenny
-occasionally my clown

ALL hide in the rockwork....all day.... until food is out.

Do I not have enough livestock? do they feel vulnerable in small numbers?
I am quite sad. I was hoping that eventually they would warm up to me. But they have been this way for the last 6 months.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ali, I just read the whole thread but spared you a couple hundred like notifications. :) Lots to like here. Really like what you did to the stand to get it in the house. I am sorry you have had some fish losses but all of us have been there. Never any fun. Glad to see you got to do some diving! Looks like all of your corals are doing well! I think we even had a couple of feet pics in there! :p I enjoyed the read and will be following along.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ali, I just read the whole thread but spared you a couple hundred like notifications. :) Lots to like here. Really like what you did to the stand to get it in the house. I am sorry you have had some fish losses but all of us have been there. Never any fun. Glad to see you got to do some diving! Looks like all of your corals are doing well! I think we even had a couple of feet pics in there! :p I enjoyed the read and will be following along.
Thank you ☺️
How’s the house coming along? All the debris picked up off the street???

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you ☺️
How’s the house coming along? All the debris picked up off the street???
There is still some painting to do, but all major repairs have been done - finally. They came by a couple of weeks ago and scooped up all of our debris piles - and about a quarter of the dirt in my front yard from the scooper. Now I need a load of dirt. May wait until the spring to get that so I won't have a bigger mudhole than I have now while the grass is dormant.

I meant to ask if you are going to get a screen top for your tank? They really do help keep the jumpers in the tank.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its a funny story that you mentioned the screen!

I hadnt seen my blue sided fairy in 36 hours. I was preparing to rip apart the rockwork to find a skeleton. Then I decided to check the overflow. Yep. Lil guy jumped from the display to the overflow some time in the last 48.
I am extremely grateful that I put together a screen top! I just used some screen door lining and framing and made my own DIY lid. Cost about $40 and probably saved my fairy wrasse from taking a trip to the desert.

Poor guy is in shock. We wrestled in the overflow three times today. Finally caught him in the net and as I was pulling him up he decided to do one more grand jump....and jumped down the back of the tank. Thankfully my sump area is all open...but also not. Because he managed to land on the grate and then wriggled between the actual sump and the grate which is only about a 1-1.5" clearance. I shoved my hand under there and scooted him out so quick. I wasnt even thinking, just acting.
But now hes squeezed between some rocks and panting like nobodys business.

Hoping he makes it through the night. He's one of my favorites (dont tell the others)

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad he is doing better. I had one of those in my 140. It jumped out of the tank and landed in a bucket behind the tank. That was why I was asking about the screen top.
Yep! Those screen tops are definitely a must if you have wrasse! My LFS basically told me (nicely) they wouldnt sell me a wrasse until I got one for my tank.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think all that excitement would stop them from doing ti again but prolly not :)
Glad hes doing well. I see the bta has found a nice hole to squeeze in.
Yes-- i highly expect him to do it a few more times in his lifetime. However, I will be less "tear the reef apart" panicky and check the overflow first next time (lol)

You say this, but currently the nem cant decide if he likes low light or high light better and half of his body is front and center and half is sticking out on the back right side of the rockwork. curious critter.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back