Alkatronic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
feel so dirty it’s not from you...

Forgive me for cheating. I can change baby, I swear.

;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious Priceless, Just like I wish they carried more GHL products as I'll have to shop elsewhere for my upcoming build. Something just doesn't feel right if the box doesn't say BRS

AdamBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you have tested or considered selling these. I just ordered one and feel so dirty it’s not from you...

Forgive me for cheating. I can change baby, I swear.

We did look at this earlier this year. At the time, there were minimal quantities available and before we bring any product in, we like to do some in depth testing before we decide to carry it. I'll mention it to our product team. It may be something we look at again going forward if some of the early bugs have been resolved.

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response!

I do not have the unit yet, but will review it after using a while. I am not sure people are aware of the features it has - the biggest reason I picked this is because I have a nano reef - 34g. The waste water can be returned to the tank. Doesn’t sound like an issue, but for a nano or frag tank if one wanted to test a lot that much water for waste would mean watching salinity carefully.

It also will dose alk if below the range (or something like salifert combined calcium and alk) on its own if desired and it comes with Bluetooth socket to switch off 2part doser or calcium reactor feed pump if alk gets too high.

Again with a nano this is nice. The clams suck up huge amounts of 2 part, if one stops growing for whatever reason the 2 part will spike alk and ph quickly!

Anywho that is my reason for choosing this controller. Plus they have seemed fast to fix issues anyone has had. I also like it’s separate of the doser aside from shutting it off if too high. If all combined into one I fear a larger failure.

Last edited:

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We definitely are looking at the Alkatronic as an option for alk monitoring and control. It looks like they may have hit a good spot in developing this type of tech, so we're looking to do some hands-on review. While it's fun to be at the forefront of emerging technologies, we don't like using you guys as guinea pigs and like to at least try to make sure it's going to be a good experience before bringing something on-board and offering it for sale. It probably won't be too far down the road before you see this or something similar on our website!

OP
OP
hart24601

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alkatronic still doing it's thing. No issues at all, just calibrate the equipment when it says to. I don't have to controlling anything, with the large sump vs display I have time to make corrections. I just get a text twice a day saying what the alk is, it's been a positive experience.

Here are the last 30 days. Looks like a lot.of variation but it's only 0.1dkh.

F3A74B51-5838-4023-A735-717CE2E68DCA.jpeg

Crazyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at the alkatronic myself. I have read nothing but good reviews about it! I have the kh guardian but it’s never been installed. I got it a long time ago and needed up shutting down my tank before I had the chance. Now that I am starting my tank back up there is new players on the field. Do you know the difference between the two? It’s seems really just like the alkatronic is more user friendly and that’s it.

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Devon from Reef dudes seems to love his I just can't get over the fact that it's just alkalinity when the Trident is going to be the holy Trio lol. Other than it automatically dosing for you and returning the tank water back to the tank for Nano tanks is there anything else cool that the alkatronic does that the Trident won't?

Crazyfishguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly agree with you about the trident. But who knows whe the trident will really come out. I’m not waiting another 1-2 years lol. And even then the first gen is bound to have its flaws as where I hear nothing but good so far about the alkatronic.

Pygmey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an alkatronic and will never run a mix reef or sps tank without it. Works great. Very easy.. Reagent is cheap... I am now using it to turn on and off my calcium reactor.. Love it

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly agree with you about the trident. But who knows whe the trident will really come out. I’m not waiting another 1-2 years lol. And even then the first gen is bound to have its flaws as where I hear nothing but good so far about the alkatronic.
I don't say this often about big companies and maybe it's just because Terrence is so likeable lol, but I actually have a little faith that the Trident will be out within a month or two and I think it's going to work pretty dang good when it does I've heard nothing but good things about it as well from all the Neptune insiders that are testing it at the moment.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We definitely are looking at the Alkatronic as an option for alk monitoring and control. It looks like they may have hit a good spot in developing this type of tech, so we're looking to do some hands-on review. While it's fun to be at the forefront of emerging technologies, we don't like using you guys as guinea pigs and like to at least try to make sure it's going to be a good experience before bringing something on-board and offering it for sale. It probably won't be too far down the road before you see this or something similar on our website!

That's great!!
I guess we can expect BRS to do a 90 day trail run, before releasing Apex Trident to the public after release... :D

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We finally got our sample for testing! I'll be personally testing this one and am excited to see how it works!

alkatronic.JPG

I'm also curious. Any updates?

I'm really hoping there will be a 'Alkatronic/KH director/Trident' BRS investigates. The few videos out there don't really talk about long-term consistency. I'm hoping BRS will spend a few month comparing their accuracy relative to some sort of control. eh? eh? eeehhh? :)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates. There was a little bit of a miscommunication and as I was getting this set up, we realized that we were not sent the reagents to go along with the unit. They should be here any day now so that we can get this test rocking and rolling.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To help other Reef 2 Reef members, and BRS to decide on Focustronic / Alkatronic

Guys,
I sure love mine

The Alkatronic is sure a perfect match when pairing up with a calcium reactor.

But, Focustronic's own support forum, has gone into deep, deep hibernation... :(

https://focustronic.club/

Click on all the forums and see all the unanswered threads.

Have also tried by email too, and waiting for response back on Facebook.

Back