Almost flushed my fish!

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing a water change today on my nano and took out the rocks to scrub the hair algae off them. I dumped the dirty water into the toilet and flushed it. It hadn't stopped running after a couple minutes so I went back to the toilet, jiggled the handle, and lifted the lid to check and see if all the mess had gone down and found my little fishy! I quickly, without hesitation, scooped him out and dropped him back into the nano. I hope he survives!
cb25fcaa3a575d9de23438db96ddfe72.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible story but during TTM I accidentally flushed a perfectly healthy diamond sand sifting goby I had for two years :(. Very very sad I have never felt so awful. I had no idea it was in there until I saw it go in toilet and it was too late.

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible story but during TTM I accidentally flushed a perfectly healthy diamond sand sifting goby I had for two years :(. Very very sad I have never felt so awful. I had no idea it was in there until I saw it go in toilet and it was too late.
Maybe he pulled a Nemo and made it out to sea. All drains lead to the ocean.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several months back, I "lost" a Bicolor blenny. I honestly thought it might have been one of the fire shrimp. :mad: Well, several weeks later I'm changing out my filter socks, and ol' "Blue Eyes" (as my wife calls him) jumps out and down onto the cement. :( He was messed up for a day or two, but seems stronger than ever now. :)

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several months back, I "lost" a Bicolor blenny. I honestly thought it might have been one of the fire shrimp. :mad: Well, several weeks later I'm changing out my filter socks, and ol' "Blue Eyes" (as my wife calls him) jumps out and down onto the cement. :( He was messed up for a day or two, but seems stronger than ever now. :)

I have had a few potato chip fish, he is a lucky fella!

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that really stinks :( Sorry to hear about that.

If it's any consolation, I appreciate you sharing the story. When people share stories like this, it helps raise awareness of these issues that others may not have encountered. Who knows...you may have even saved some fish just by telling your story! :)

Robert Staie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a fish or invert come up missing you should always check overflows and filter bags for them I have had a 4 in sea cucumber end up in filter bag.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back