Altering Aquarium Stand?

772reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking to add a sump to my first aquarium (75 gallons). The tank is already up and running and has been for about 8 months. The stand I have has a piece of wood in the center that divides it. Both sections are pretty small. 19"L x 17"W x 22"H. I would like to cut out this center piece to have more room for a decent size sump. There is a center brace on the backside of this divider that makes a T shape. I do not plan on taking that brace out. Would there be any issue with me cutting out this divider. Picture added.

IMG_2314.JPG

Ammocan

Still Unknown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are looking at around 600 pounds just in water on top of the stand. If you want to modify the existing stand that much you better get someone qualified to look at it. You would be better off building a new stand.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a sump from two containers connected with a bulkhead and tubing through a hole in the middle brace. Could run a refugium on one side for instance.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back