Anemone accident

Fin Jackson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2020
Messages
166
Reaction score
66
Location
Sydney
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I moved a rock from a group of rocks today during my water change that I didn’t realise had a few BTAs on them. Long story short after the water change I found one of my anemones floating around almost torn in half. The anemone must have had his foot on the rock I moved and spread it to the next rock over. Moved him over to my frag tank (same system) and put him in a little breeder box with some rubble. My question is would the anemone release any toxins into the tank and is the Anemone likely to heal, or is it better the take it out straight away. Torn the whole way through (body, foot and mouth). Currently located in low light and low flow area. Pictures attached below.

F5D7CB04-0F0C-4814-B025-C6FF4C189ECC.jpeg 4E3BBC1C-244E-4255-9C9D-0E8D8A940605.jpeg 728F1FC6-82DC-4FBF-BEED-9D0DF47214DC.jpeg
 
So how are the accident frags of your BTA?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new